Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Add or improve content (Photo, Video)
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Algeria will focus on photo/Videos activities under the theme Transportation . Pictures/Video uploaded on Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles related to Algerians under Transportation on wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This year we will focussed on the The Wiki Loves Africa 2020 theme is Transportation !
- Not many photos on transport in Algeria, our objective is to develop these categories on Commons. traditional and modern transport Example of Transportation at wikipedia en
- en:Transport in Algeria
- commons:Category:Road transport in Algeria
- commons:Category:Aviation in Algeria
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- By Social Media promotion (Facebook / Instagram / Twitter ) and E-mails / phones call.
- Workshop (1 days) and Photo Exhibition during different events.
- By motivating and attracting a photographs community.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of 4 judges who will set criteria for best images/Videos and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will improve our method by bringing photographers on the protected monuments. we will also keep our winning solutions from previous competitions
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants = +50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons = +300
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects = +50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Activities Will be supported by local non profits organisations in Oran, Algeria and other Citys;They support us by letting us organize activities for the competition in their rooms and premises, materials for audiovisual presentations, PCs etc.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Refering to Oanda.com rate is at Dec15 2019= 0,00834$ for 1DZD
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (DZD)||Total (DZD)||Total (USD)|
|01||Social Media Promotion : Start Promotion (only FB ads)||1,00||5 000,00||5 000,00||41,70|
|02||Expo photo (Printing of 10 best photos ) During journée de la photo Oran||20,00||750,00||15 000,00||125,10|
|08||Communications: Internet fees & Communications||2,00||3 000,00||6 000,00||50,04|
|10||Diploma for 10 best photos and for Jurys A3||10,00||200,00||2 000,00||16,68|
|11||Gifts for jurys (TBD) Ecological Big notebooks hand made: Ecological notebooks hand made (from Hala Chaima)||4,00||4 000,00||16 000,00||133,44|
|12||Awards 1st (TBD Naturefriend )||1,00||20 000,00||24 000,00||200,16|
|13||Awards 2st (TBD Naturefriend )||1,00||10 000,00||12 000,00||100,08|
|14||Awards 3st (TBD Naturefriend )||1,00||5 000,00||6 000,00||50,04|
|15||Miscellaneous (Transportation - Fuel For Organizers)||1,00||5 000,00||5 000,00||41,70|
|Grand Total||DZD 86 000,00||$ 717,24|
this year we will try to distribute as much as possible all materials / gifts respectful of nature and ecologic.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!