Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add more images about occupations in our country and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on occupations in our country.
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
- Possible programme
- Presentation of the contest / launching event (For WLA)
- workshop about the events and how to participate : in October (Just for WLA )
- closing ceremony with celebration of local winners (WLA Algeria and WLM Algeria)
- photo exhibition held in differente meeting
- post contest integration edit-a-thon (Online) + (Inline)
- During our last Contests, we noticed some very good photographers who gave their most beautiful photos to Commons. To make sense of our exhibitions and to attract lovers of photography, we want to involve photographers in the realization of photographic essays during the Wiki Loves Africa Algeria contest.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on visuals and audio visuals about the various occupations, professions and jobs in our country. This quest is important in documenting every aspect of Algeria in the attempt to sharing knowledge about our country. We also deem this opportunity crucial in gathering pictures of some very important figures, such as ministers and government representatives, business men and women in different areas of work.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use our social media channels, the mailing list for the community and other tech and volunteer communities to reach out to enthusiasts.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have follow up edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia and using Wikidata for other languages too. For the ones without existing articles, we will create new articles so as to make use of them.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants 60
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 10 %
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Transportation - Datashow - Conference room - PC - Iso Club Support (Volonteers and PhotoMaterial) - University of Chlef in Algeria
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Designation||Detail||Quantity||Unit price||Total Price Local Curency DZD||in USD|
|Expo photo||Printing of 10 best photos Format A2||20||1 000,00||20 000,00||180,00|
|Beverage & biscuit & Water||break for 2 Ceremony||2||3 200,00||6 400,00||57,60|
|Connectivity||Internet fees for 2 Ceremony||2||3 000,00||6 000,00||54,00|
|Diploma for winners||For 10 best photos and for 5 jury||25||100,00||2 500,00||22,50|
|Awards 1st (For WLM and WLA)||PhotoPhone||2||51 000,00||102 000,00||918,00|
|Awards 2nd (For WLM and WLA)||Disc Rack 3To Wiffi||2||32 000,00||66 000,00||594,00|
|Awards 3rd (For WLM and WLA)||Back-BAg Pro Photo||2||9 500,00||19 000,00||171,00|
|Totals||221 900,00||1 997,10|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!