Project Goal Edit
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- We plan to host a 7 days youth forum (2 days of learning, 3 days conference, 2 days city walking tour).
- The first goal of the Wikimedia Community of Saint Petersburg User Group in this project is to increase and enhance the content of Wikimedia projects in the Russian language and multimedia projects. To achieve this, we will hold an edit-A-Thon and a city walk tour for photos.
- The second goal is to increase the volunteers of Wikimedia project editors. The increase of the number of participants in Wikimedia projects, primarily in the Russian language, is strategic for us; since the growth of the Wikimedia content and its quality depends on the number of participants. We will involve youth from 9-15 years old in the edit-A-Thon and a city walk tour.
- The conference we plan to do has the goal of being a place where all the generations of wikimedians go to talk, to share their experience. the majority of participants will be in virtual mode. the maximum number of participants in person will be a maximum of 30.
Project Plan Edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The project will be carried out in partnership with the academy of digital technologies. on our part we will organize during the first 2 days (March 24-25, 2022) before the conference, 2 workshops, and an edit-A-Thon, where will the pupils of the academy take part. we plan to invite 15 pupils and maybe more. our job would be to organize workshops and edit-a-thon for the children from (9 to 13 years old).
- 3 days (March 26-29) of semi-face-to-face conference, we want to invite the pupils who attended the first two days plus the Wikimedians who are in the city or who may come from other neighboring cities, and the rest will be online. our role would be to make the conference program and broadcast it live on the internet.
- 2 days (March 30-31) post-conference will be dedicated to wikimedia multimedia projects. we will organize and accompany the puple who attended the first days and the conference. the program will be a guided tour of the Petrograd district of the city of St Petersburg, with breaks to take photos. All the photos taken on the first day of the post-conference will be uploaded on the second day by the pupils even after our workshop about commons.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We made a call on the internal network of the academy to have the possibility of registering the pupils. The rest of the community was notified via our mailing list established on our site and via our online meeting.
- We target an audience of young people to have more new contributors and future organizers in our community.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We plan to sign a contract with the academy, which will give us the opportunity to do workshops for their students in the future. then all participants will have to fill out a form at the end of the event to stay connected with us. We can invite them to take part in our volunteering activities.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 45 participants (15 new users)
- Number of articles created: 30 articles Wikipedia in Russian, 26 Wikidata items
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 700 photos on commons
- Number of Wikinews articles: 3
- Recorded Workshops and conference sessions on youtube and uploaded to commons
- 2 Journals articles about the event in the local journals
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
We have 4 users in the organization team (Erzianj jurnalist, Reda Kerbouche, Tatiana Kerbush, Varmaley). We will also invite speakers from France and other affiliations, with translation into Russian. We will invite a tourist guide who will be a guide during the tour of the district
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|№||Items||Quantity||Unit||Total amount RUB||in USD|
|Learning Days (2 days)||Subtotal||17,120.00 ₽||231.01 $|
|1||Sandwiches & beverage||12||Person/day||8,640.00 ₽||116.64 $|
|2||Venue rent||1||day||5,000.00 ₽||67.50 $|
|3||Internet & Wifi||1||day||1,600.00 ₽||21.57 $|
|4||Transportation costs||2||Person/day||1,880.00 ₽||25,34 $|
|Conference Days (3 days)||Subtotal||78,937.83 ₽||1064,02 $|
|1||Snacks & beverage||25||Person/day||12,000.00 ₽||161.74 $|
|2||Venue rent||1||day||7,500.00 ₽||101.09 $|
|3||Internet & Wifi||1||day||2,400.00 ₽||32.35 $|
|4||Transportation costs||2||Person/day||2,820.00 ₽||38.01 $|
|5||Travel grant||1||ticket||7,000.00 ₽||94.35 $|
|6||Journalistic coverage||1||article||3,500.00 ₽||47.17 $|
|7||Streamyard||1||annual subscription||N.A. (34 717,83 ₽)||468.00 $|
|8||Banner roll up||1||item||7,000.00 ₽||94.35 $|
|9||Flayers||150||item||2,000.00 ₽||26,96 $|
|Post-conference Days (2 days)||Subtotal||15,000.00 ₽||202.29 $|
|1||Snacks & beverage||15||Person/day||3,900.00 ₽||52.57 $|
|2||Walking tour transportation costs||15||Person/day||4,500.00 ₽||60.65 $|
|3||Venue rent||1||day||5,000.00 ₽||67.50 $|
|4||Internet & Wifi||1||day||1,600.00 ₽||21.57 $|
|Additional||Subtotal||9,596.20 ₽||129.32 $|
|1||AV costs||7||day||8,400.00 ₽||113.22 $|
|2||contingency (~1% of the total cost)||1||%||1 196,20 ₽||16.10 $|
|3||Income tax ( 13% of the total cost)||1||%||15 685,02 ₽||211.46 $|
|Grand total||136,339.05 ₽||1,838.10 $|
- We want to offer a person to come to our event to encourage Wikimedians from other regions. the amount includes the cost of transport, accommodation will be paid by the invited person is self or by our partner
- We want to invite the press to write one or more articles in print newspapers and online newspapers
- This subscription will allow us to broadcast our event in real-time. we ask for an annual subscription since we plan to make online videos for our community throughout the year
- The price has been converted from USD to RUR to be able to make the total amount in RUR
- Streamyard Pricing
- the banner will be used for all our events too
- I support the idea. St. Petersburg is a great place for such youth events. As for A. Petrov (Erzianj jurnalist) he is well known in Russian Wikimedia movement as an enthusiast of wiki-education for children and youth and an important supporter of smaller languages editions, especially in the Mordvin languages. Amikeco (talk) 22:30, 30 December 2021 (UTC)
- Support. This would be an important step for the growth of the local community and the involvement of young people in wiki projects. --Kaganer (talk) 07:13, 31 December 2021 (UTC)
- Strong support I think this is one of the ideally designed activities in the region (St. Petersburg) which includes learning days, conference and city tour (hope to see more free licensed photography in Commons). Good luck, – Mehman 97 22:41, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support ― Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 14:25, 16 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support ―ZUFAr (talk) 09:36, 21 January 2022 (UTC)