Grants:Project/Rapid/Odia Wikimedians User Group/Odia Wikipedia's 16th anniversary
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase skills for existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of edit-a-thons or training sessions?
- One capacity building workshop for existing Wikimedians
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, about 5 long time and various Wikimedia project experts
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Organize WikiTungi meetups for offline engagement
- Organize WikiProject-focused edit-a-thons for online engagements
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of of articles created or improved: Article improvement might not be a goal but we are aiming to improve about 20 articles
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 0
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Individual resources: laptops, photography and videography equipment (camera, tripods, lavalier mic), Internet dongles
- Organizational resource: Scanner (from CIS-A2K)
- Financial support of 15000 INR from CIS-A2K (to be requested soon) to partly cover the travel expenses
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Details||Amount in INR||Amount in USD ($)|
Approximately 30 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (20 meals per day for two days, about INR 200-400 per person)
Stickers, t-shirts for Wikimedians participating (8 pieces, 280 INR/piece)
1,19,740 (from WMF)
$1796 (from WMF - rounded)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support --Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 04:40, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support --Aliva Sahoo (talk) 05:04, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support - Prateek Pattanaik (talk) 05:18, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Mrutyunjaya Kar (talk) 10:24, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Hellohappy (talk) 10:32, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 13:16, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Bikash Ojha (talk) 03:18, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Dibyadarsi Nayak (talk) 09:43, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:46, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support (as one of the proposers) This is an important event for a community that only has one-two chances to meet in person as a larger community, and leverage events like these for team building. Often times, stepping stones for collaboration with potential partners, content donors, and the government happen during such occasions. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 11:57, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Aditya Mahar (talk) 12:42, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Nihar Ranjan Mohanty (talk) 01:37, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Coldbreeze16 (talk) 10:44, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Offline meetings have always resulted in discussing new ideas and strategies for the Odia community. While Odia community turned 15 last year, the community was not able to celebrate the anniversary. This support from WMF will not only help Odia community to celebrate its 16 years journey but will also help to discuss about new and existing partnerships and many other projects. --Sailesh Patnaik 18:01, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 07:40, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 07:45, 7 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 06:53, 19 May 2018 (UTC)