WikiTungi is a city based Wikipedia community formed to help the Wikipedians in the city to meet, share and learn. The term Tungi was coined from an ancient Odia culture of Bhagabata Tungi. The Odia community's WikiTungi is a based in two cities, Puri and Bhubaneswar. While Wikimedians in Puri conduct meetups bi-monthly, Bhubaneswar Wikimedians meet once a month. In every meetup, Wikimedians exchange their resources with each other, helping address their doubts and queries regarding their problems and projects.
A city based community group such as WikiTungi helps in collaborating with local Wikimedians, and also helps identify potential Wikimedians. Every month atleast 7 Wikimedians meet in Bhubaneswar and 10 Wikipedians in Puri meet bimonthly. Each WikiTungi has a different WhatsApp group which helps in following up the discussions after the meeting, Wikipedians also keep an on-wiki record about the discussion of the meeting.
- Puri WikiTungi
Puri WikiTungi was formed after the first workshop in Puri in December 2015. Community in Puri is very new, a bimonthly meeting helps in providing advance Wikipedia editing skills and clearing their doubts.
- Bhubaneswar WikiTungi
Bhubaneswar WikiTungi was formed in February 2016 for the Wikipedians who stays in Bhubaneswar, and has been active by meeting every second Sunday of the month.
On 9th February 2017 the Wikipedians in Bhubaneswar celebrated their first anniversary, and as a part of the meeting few ideas came up to make this practice as one of the best practice in the Wikimedia movement.
- The Tungi members will invite one of the global community leader for a Skype or hangout session.
- Discuss the best practice from the global community and discuss them with the community.
- Updating the minutes of the meeting and sharing them with the other community members.
- Updating the learning and evaluation team about the new learning of the community every month.
- The community will also send Postcards as a souvenir to the participants of the global community for the online sessions.
We meet every second Sunday of the month in Bhubaneswar If you're available, Please join us by signing below: