Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- In 2018 Odia WIkipedia Community collaborated with government of Odisha and brought many of the govt's social accounts under CC-BY-4.0 license. I would develope an tool/app which will help the Odia Community to upload images from those govt twitter handles to Wikimedia Commons directly and easily rather than downloading and uploading images from Twitter to commons. This will will be useful for anyone who makes their twitter handle under CC license and has an OTRS token.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
I have build a prototype of it. You can check it here. (Currently we have seven twitter handles that are already in this category).
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I will write a blog on it. I will also share it via all relavant wiki mailing lists and social accounts.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- A tool that that will upload images from twitter handles to commons directly. There will be an UI and may be admin panel if time allows.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 20
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) 2000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): 500
- This will be ongoing process not one time outcome.
- This target are based on 6 months from the time of completion of the app and also proportioned on the media files produced by the Twitter handles.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I will be solely working on the project. I will work on this project on my professional time. So I need financial assistance.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: The work includes
- Managing the Project
- Creating UI
- Developing back end
Project time is two months and 1800USD as Project cost. (10USD/hr X 30hr/Week) x 6 Weeks (I will contribute 2 weeks with my volunteer capacity.)
- Support Nowadays people have less attention span (on an average 7 to 12 seconds). Readers will be more into Pictures and Videos than long texts. An article with many quality images may attract more readers than a plain text article.