Grants:Project/Ammarpad & DonCamillo/Outreach in Northern Nigeria/Timeline
Timeline for Ammarpad & DonCamilloEdit
|First preliminary Workshop||15 Sept. 2018|
|First Workshop in Kano||28 Dec. 2018|
|Second Workshop in Katsina||27 April 2019|
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
June to September 2018Edit
- Networking and outreach: Soho Foundation (Ammarpad), Bayero University Kano (Ammarpad), Hausa Department at University of Sokoto (DonCamillo)
- Translation of technical messages & support/help pages (Ammarpad): 80 % completed
- A first workshop was held in cooperation with Soho Foundation in Katsina on September 15 (some editors created new accounts and Ammarpad enrolled 6 of them on the Outreach Dashboard)
- Translation of Wikidata properties and inclusion of Databox template in articles in Hausa: +300 properties translated (DonCamillo with help from the community)
- More Translation finished.
- First engagement with Centre of Information Technology and Development, Kano.
- Meeting with potential partners. Civil organization, Centre for Information Technology and Development,Kano
- Meeting with the staff of Bayero University, Kano.
- DonCamillo will no longer be attending physically, although he will remain with us till the end of the project via other means. This arises after the date of the programs and further discussion about the resources. He's currently in the US on official assignment and have more official engagement from his office upto January which will not allow him travel to Nigeria. Instead of to further delay the programs, he agreed to allow us use the resources for his travel expense to expand the reach of the project and engage local experts, in his own accord.
- We now resolved to conduct the Kano program on December 29th. See schedule: Wikipedia_Workshop,_Kano_2018
- To this, we will invite the president of our national UserGroup to help carry out the programs. This will include his travel expenses from Lagos to Kano as well as lodging and Feeding for 3 days.
- First workshop completed in Kano
- Meeting with stakeholders from Bayero University, Kano concluded.
- Meeting with LumiLab (formerly Soho Foundation).
- Resolved to invite Olaniyan Olushola from Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria for the second workshop
- Second meeting at Umaru Musa Yar'adua University Katsina.
- Close registration for the second Workshop.
- Second workshop completed.
New end dateEdit
28 February 2019
We would like to request extension of 2 months for the final date of this project. Therefore the new date to be 28 February 2019. This is unfortunate but becomes necessary, in part, due to some problems we encountered and institutional delay from the universities and staff we are working with. Further details emailed to the grants administrator. Thank you for considering this. –Ammarpad (talk) 10:04, 22 October 2018 (UTC)
@Ammarpad: Hi Ammar, this extension request has been approved, and please accept my apologies for the late response as I'm temporarily assuming a program officer role for Project Grants. Thanks for letting us know about the institutional delays. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 20:44, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hello Ammarpad, Your new due date for final report and grant expenses submission is 30 March 2019. -- Best, JTud (WMF), Grants Administrator (talk) 21:33, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
New end dateEdit
30 April 2019
Approval: New end date of 30 April 2019Edit
- Hello Ammarpad. Apologies for not noting this earlier; I have updated our records to reflect your new project end date. Your new final report submission date will be 30 days after this date, or 30 May 2019. Please contact us if you expect to submit the final report by another date. Thanks once more for your diligence. Best, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 19:11, 7 May 2019 (UTC)