- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
Wikipedia 15 Workshop at SangrurEdit
Dr. Manavpreet Kaur suggested that we have a workshop on Wikipedia 15 in a school in Sangrur. We took the risk and we were amazed to see the astonishing results.
Session 1 (WIKISOURCE)Edit
|Description of the Editathon during the workshop (Wikisource)|
|Name||no of edits||absolute bytes|
|Damanpreet Kaur Dhiman||1||2113|
|Kamalpreet Kaur Sangrur||1||1425|
|Ripanjot Kaur Sangrur||1||2319|
|Simranjot Kaur Grewal||1||1455|
Session 2 (WIKIPEDIA)Edit
|Description of the Editathon during the workshop (Wikipedia)|
|Name||no of edits||no of aricles
|Damanpreet Kaur Dhiman||1||0||4|
|Kamalpreet Kaur Sangrur||1||0||8|
|Ripanjot Kaur Sangrur||2||1||999|
|Simranjot Kaur Grewal||1||0||4|
Wikipedia Workshop KotkapuraEdit
The main organizer of this workshop was Stalinjeet. He also got support from a local organization(People's Forum Bargari) which helped in organizing and ensuring good participation at the event.
Description of workshopEdit
|Description of the Editathon during the workshop|
|Name||no of edits||absolute bytes|
|Buta Singh Gill|
|Randeep singh sahoke||2||542|
|Teja Singh Sidhu|
|ਜਸਵਿੰਦਰ ਗਿੱਲ ਢਿਲਵਾਂ|
|ਭੁਪਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਰਗਾੜੀ|
|ਰਾਜਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਸੰਧੂ|
- What worked well?
- A great lesson that we learned is that it is easy to motivate children to work on Wikimedia projects.
- What didn't work?
- Mixing veterans and newcomers proved a good pattern during Chandigarh workshop. During the workshops in this month we had limited number of veterans and we saw that it is a difficult task to maintain everyone's attention and to keep moving forward.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- I think we need to try different learning patterns and then see what works best for the best age group. I think mixing newcomers and veterans has proved to be pretty successful for a gathering or around 40 people. Other learning patterns can be involved during workshops for a limited number of participants
Outcomes and impactEdit
- Provide the original project goal here.
- The goal of this initiative is to mark the 15th birthday of Wikipedia by Punjabi Community with a number of programs. The programs aims to increase number of editors as well as the quality of articles.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- The goal has been achieved to some extent. We celebrated the 15th Birthday of Wikipedia by giving training to students. This surely increased the number of editors. We will wait for a few months to see how much of these editor remain active. We also plan to organize follow-up workshops as well.
Progress towards targets and goalsEdit
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|News reporting in a Punjabi newspaper||Around 3 Punjabi newspapers published about the workshop.||This happened because of our collaboration with the local organization People's Forum, Bargari. Here is a link to news reporting in a famous Punjabi newspaper.|
|We can also get feedback from Users regarding their experience and can use it in our Report||We got feedback from the Wikipedia 15 participants and got some interesting statistics||We got to know the many of the students have internet connection at homes and they did not know much about Wikipedia. Punjabi typing was also taught to them.|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||6 + 4 = 10||Editors present at Wikipedia 15 Celebration and the active editors involved during Wikipedia Workshop Kotkapura|
|2. # of new editors||34 + 13 = 47||Total accounts created during both the workshops|
|3. # of individuals involved||40 + 30||Total number of individuals involved during both the Workshops|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||1||Image added to one village article|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||14 + 24 = 35||All the images are related to the workshops|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||7 +|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||49405 bytes (43893 bytes on Wikisource and 5512 bytes on Wikipedia)|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- Yes, We can see this from the involvement of the editors after the workshops. Some editors have taken a lot of interest and they are requesting for more workshops as well.
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
- Option A: During both the workshops our main aim was to get people familiar with Wikipedia and other projects like Wikisource and Wikimedia Commons.
- Mumpykkp was a participant at Kotkapura workshop and he created his account on 12th February 2016. He has created 91 stub articles about villages of Punjab.
- This book was typed by students during the Wikipedia 15 celebration workshop.
- Two new articles were started by Wikipedia 15 participant Ripanjot Kaur. The students are busy with their exams at the moment, we plan to do a follow-up workshop at the school in April.
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
Sangrur Workshop BudgetEdit
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|2||Food & Beverages||Lunch||1,492||1,492||INR|
|3||Food & Beverages||Cake and snacks||1,000||1,000||INR|
Kotkapura Workshop BudgetEdit
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|2||Logistics||Accomodation (1 night)||Twin Sharing||3||3,888||INR||1,200 per room without tax|
|3||Food and beverages||Food day 1 + Tea/Coffee and Snacks||Per person||50||3590||INR|
|4||Food and beverages||Dinner day 0||Per person||6||921||INR|
|5||Posters||Posters and pamphlets||2||150||300||INR|
|6||Stationary||Notepads, Pens and other things||260||INR|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 37,000 INR
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 37,000 INR
- Total amount spent on this project
- 16,211 INR
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 16,211 INR
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 24,670 INR (3,701 INR unspent + 180 INR remaining from 3 January 2016 meetup + 20,789 INR remaining from these two workshops)
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- @KHarold (WMF): If it possible can Internet for Punjabi Wikimedians Community Space be approved for one month. Installation charges: 1,150 INR + ~ 1,400 INR (one month's tariff)