|←Blocages globaux||Blocages globaux (foire aux questions)|
If you are a registered user and you are affected by a global block, the block is most likely not targetted at you. If you use an open proxy, VPN or similar services, please try to deactivate these. See no open proxies and Apple iCloud Private Relay.
Qu'est-ce qu'un blocage global ?
Global blocking is a tool that allows stewards to block problematic IP addresses or IP ranges across all Wikimedia Foundation projects (other than Meta), to stop or reduce vandalism, spam or other inappropriate behaviour damaging our sites.
Right, but I don't know why I've been blocked. Can you help me?
Those affected by a global IP block will receive a message with the blocking data containing: the IP or IP range blocked, start of the block, end of the block, blocking user, block ID number and a reason for the block. Please carefully review that data.
Global blocks do not affect Meta-Wiki, but stewards performing global blocks may optionally also block the IP in Meta. Sometimes this also disables access to your talk page.
If you did nothing wrong and you are being blocked, you may be assigned by your ISP a dynamic IP which we've blocked or you're on an IP range that we've blocked, most likely because somebody else on that IP or IP range infringed the rules; or you may be using an open proxy.
While global blocks only apply to IP addresses or IP ranges, depending on the configuration of the global block, registered users using that IP or CIDR can be prevented as well from editing our sites.
What can you do:
Please make sure to verify that you do not use (or disconnect from) open proxies, VPNs or similar services and try to edit again. If that didn't worked then you may attempt the following:
- You may lodge an appeal with the Unblock Ticket Request System. If you have an account, please make sure that you have a valid and confirmed email address registered in your account preferences.
- You can send the stewards an email (or email to stewards wikimedia org). In your email, please paste the error or block message that you see, and your remarks.
- If you are a registered user and can still edit Meta:
- You can ask at Steward requests/Global that the global block be amended or removed.
- You can also ask at Steward requests/Global permissions for a global IP block exemption permission.
- If you are not registered, you can request that an account be created for you via contacting stewards (stewards wikimedia org) or a local venue (e.g. the Request an Account service of English Wikipedia, which uses an interactive form); you should provide them with a desired username and a valid and working email address where a random password generated by the system will be sent to you.
- Open proxies, Tor exit nodes, VPN tunnels and other anonymizing services: It is Wikimedia policy (see no open proxies) to block all of this due to its potential for abuse. If you need to use one of this (for example, because there's censorship in your country) please follow the procedure outlined above as appropriate.
- Blocks performed by the Wikimedia Foundation: Blocks performed by the Wikimedia Foundation office, any of its departments or employees can only be amended or removed by the Wikimedia Foundation itself (see office actions). In this case please email ca wikimedia org or legal wikimedia org. They are the only one able to address any questions or complaints on these types of blocks.
I have been granted a global IP block exemption but I am still unable to edit
- Please note that global IP block exemptions only allow you to bypass global IP blocks. If your IP address or IP range is also locally blocked, the global IP block exemption flag will not bypass that; you would need to ask for a local IP block exemption on that wiki, separately.
I have further questions, where I can raise them?
|You can ask further questions or send requests via the stewards contact form. Please include all relevant information.|