Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Bots and gadgets/Make PopUps display diffs in green/red line by line
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Original title: Dans l'historique d'un article, afficher TOUTES les vrais différences vert/rose ligne par ligne
- English (translation): In the article history, the pop-up window which opens when the cursor touches “diff” only displays a small part of the differences in green/pink (except if the differences are very small) because of “truncated differences…” OR it displays entire paragraphs of text in pink strikethrough (cancelled) text, followed by same paragraphs, as edited in the new version, in green, without any way of knowing where the differences are located.
- French (original): Dans l'historique d'un article, la fenêtre pop-up qui s'ouvre au contact du curseur sur DIFF n'affiche qu"une petite partie des modifications vert/rose (sauf si les modifications sont peu nombreuses) pour cause de "différences tronquées..." OU met en rose barré (= annulé) des paragraphes entiers suivis des mêmes paragraphes en vert donc modifiés selon la nouvelle version, sans qu'on sache où ont porté les modifications.
- Who would benefit:
- English (translation): Contributors who don’t have time to click on “diff” for each article among hundreds they monitor.
- French (original): Les contributeurs qui n'ont pas le temps de cliquer sur le DIFF des centaines d'articles qu'ils surveillent.
- Proposed solution: ? (technical computer solution)(solution technique informatique)
- More comments:
- English (translation): If this proposal is accepted and technically implemented, it would save contributors like me hours of time. Thank you in advance.
- French (original): Si cette proposition est acceptée et techniquement mise en place, cela ferait gagner des heures aux contributeurs comme moi. Merci d'avance.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Mylenos (talk) 19:36, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
@Mylenos: Je ne sais pas si je comprends exactement comment on peut voir le probleme. Je vais a https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Paris&action=history et mon curseur est sur "diff", mais il n'y a pas une fenêtre pop-up. Qu'est-ce que je dois faire? Merci d'avance! --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 14:25, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Mylenos and AKlapper (WMF):, je suppose qu’il s’agit du gadget Navigation popups. Mylenos, le cas échéant, as-tu essayé de modifier le paramètre
popupDiffMaxLinesdans ton commons.js? —Pols12 (talk) 19:53, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
- @AKlapper (WMF): It's asking for NavPopup diffs like this to be improved: (mouseover "← Previous edit" at...) test page, and screenshot. I don't know how complicated changing/replacing the diff parser would be, or if it's possible to change personal configuration for what the performance-truncation cutoff is (I couldn't see anything appropriate in w:en:WP:NAVPOP#Configuration (optional)). @TheDJ: quick thoughts? (is this applicable for wishlist voting?) Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 19:09, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:40, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 09:18, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support 94rain (talk) 13:56, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 15:48, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Jylöstalo (talk) 18:58, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 23:59, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Smjalageri (talk) 11:37, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Pf1127 (talk) 06:39, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support PJTraill (talk) 01:15, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 00:56, 28 November 2018 (UTC)