I'm a developer advocate and bugmaster in the Technical Engagement team of the Wikimedia Foundation. In the FOSS world I spend some time on Wikimedia, GNOME and Mozilla. I live in Europe and I occasionally blog.
I joined the Wikimedia Foundation in October 2012.
My main focus has been managing software bug reports and enhancements requests in Wikimedia's issue tracker. See mw:Bugwrangler for more information.
Furthermore, I am also involved in maintaining metrics about Wikimedia's technical community and co-organized Wikimedia's participation in Google Code-In.
There is a list of things that I (plan to) work on. I read a lot of bugmail.
(Until 09 January 2013 I just had one user account, Malyacko, for my personal and staff edits.)
- E-mail: aklapperwikimedia.org
- Write on my Talk/Discussion page
@aklapperin a Phabricator task
- I usually ignore phone calls, Slack, Google Chat, Facebook, Twitter, carrier pigeons, Snapchat, Instagram, Tinder, MSN, and ICQ messages.
If you have general questions, then you'd get a better response in public support channels, instead of sending me private emails or writing on my personal talk page. Private emails do not scale and do not help others.
I also sometimes use other services on the internet, however these services are not a good way to contact me:
- Blog: https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/category/lang-en/
- Private/personal wiki account: User:Malyacko
- Gitlab.com: aklapper