Wikimedia Summit 2022/Travel and Hotel Booking Information
Travel management policy for affiliate’s representatives Edit
Note: Committee members as well as Wikimedia Foundation staff and board will go through a separate travel management process.
Travel booking Edit
- Wikimedia Deutschland will book flight or train tickets for the participants after they fill the travel survey on the event platform. We will notify you once the process has started.
- The granted travel period for the Wikimedia Summit starts on September 8 (arrival date) and ends on September 12 (departure date). If the duration of your travel exceeds 18 hours, the approved arrival date will be September 7 to make sure you have enough time to recover before the event starts.
- Once your flight or train tickets are booked, you will receive your travel itinerary and your tickets via e-mail.
- Participants who already informed our support team that they will book their tickets independently should reach out to them to inquire about the next steps. Our support team will send you an access link to our booking platform.
- We will only reimburse your tickets if you stated on the registration form that you will book your flight or train ticket independantly and if you get in touch with our support team beforehand.
- Wikimedia Deutschland will book hotel rooms for the granted travel period and will not cover any extra hotel nights.
- We will not reimburse bookings made independently
- An exception to this policy will only be made if the duration of your travel exceeds 18 hours. In this case, the approved arrival date will be September 7 and the extra hotel night will be covered.
- We will book single rooms in the hotel chosen by Wikimedia Deutschland: Holiday Inn Hotel Berlin City East, Landsberger Allee 203, 13055 Berlin.
- Once your hotel room is booked, you will receive a booking confirmation via e-mail, containing all necessary details on your check-in / check-out dates, location of the hotel and how to get to the Summit venue from the hotel.
Travel health insurance for non EU-citizen Edit
- Wikimedia Deutschland will organize travel health insurance for the time of your stay, if you are not a EU-citizen.
- You will be provided with an insurance document, confirming that insurance cover is granted to you for the duration of your stay.
- You are required to keep this document with you in printed form, a digital file is not sufficient.
If you have any question related to travel management, please direct these to: firstname.lastname@example.org