Wikimedia Summit 2019/Venue and Hotel
|Program||Fringe Events||Registration & Participants
The Wikimedia Summit 2019 will take place at Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof. For accommodating WMSUMMIT19 participants, a high number of hotel rooms, which are conveniently located on the levels above the event area, have been reserved.
Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof
Hermannstrasse 214-216 - (entrance via Rollbergstrasse)
Geo coordinates: 52.47865, 13.425896 OpenStreetMap
Public transport stop nearbyEdit
- Nearest U-Bahn (underground) station: Boddinstraße (underground line U8)
In-house services and facilitiesEdit
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-house restaurant and bar
- Self service business centre (with PC and printer)
- Luggage storage
All rooms include Wi-Fi, breakfast and have their own bathroom.
Check-in and check-outEdit
- Check-in: from 15:00
- Check-out: by 12:00 the latest
- Monday to Friday: 6:00 - 10:00
- Saturday & Sunday: 6:30 - 10:30
The conference venue is located in the vibrant northern part of the neighbourhood Neukölln.
Once known as a largely immigrant working-class neighbourhood, Neukölln is now hailed as the trendiest district in Berlin. Not only is Neukölln home to creatives, artists, designer labels and a bustling nightlife, but above all to people from all around the world. For this reason, Neukölln is the embodiment of diversity. The district’s multicultural character reflects in food choices, shops and events. Neuköllns lively mix can also be seen in the fact that many attractive Gründerzeit buildings, single-family homes, modern tower blocks and extensive green spaces coexist right next to each other.
If you are interested in learning more about Neukölln please visit https://www.visitberlin.de/en/districts/neukolln.
Stores and facilities in vicinity of Mercure Hotel Berlin TempelhofEdit
- Pharmacy: Werbellin Apotheke (Hermannstraße 52, 12049 Berlin)
- Grocery store: REWE (Rollbergstraße 59, 12053 Berlin)
- General practitioner: Dr. med. Diana-Beate Siegel (Hermannstraße 223, 12049 Berlin, Phone: +49 30 62 13 057)
- Hospital: Vivantes Klinikum Am Urban (Dieffenbachstraße 1, 10967 Berlin)
Landmarks in the vicinity of Mercure Hotel Berlin TempelhofEdit
- Tempelhof Airport (closed historic airport, which was turned into a recreational park and event space)
- Rixdorf (Bohemian village dating back from the middle of the 19th century)
- Körnerpark (park with café and a gallery for temporary exhibitions)
- Tempelhofer Ufer 23–24Google translation (historical railway administration site, also home of the Wikimedia Germany chapter's officeGoogle translation)