Wikimedia Stewards User Group
This page will serve as coordination for the Wikimedia Stewards User Group (WMSUG). It was recognized on 22 September 2019.
The Wikimedia Stewards User Group will serve to coordinate and enable growth of the steward team and better involvement of stewards in Wikimedia governance. The group has the following specific goals:
- Enable group activities among the existing stewards
- Ensure steward participation at Wikimedia events and conferences
- Develop tools relevant to stewards
- Access knowledge from past stewards
- Promote development and recruitment of good steward candidates and encourage general involvement at the movement level
Events / ActivitiesEdit
- August 2019: Meetups at Wikimania 2019
- September 2019: Steward's meetup in Ottawa
- October 2019: German Wikimedia Stewards meetup at WikiCon 2019
- Talk about Steward activities (banners and translation) at WikiCon
- July 2020: Group signs Community open letter on renaming
- September 2022: WMSUG participates in Wikimedia Summit 2022
- January 2023: Interview about one Wikimedia Steward
Monthly calls with WMF representatives. See the reports for further information.
Edit Wikimedia Stewards User Group/members to join the group.
Membership in the group is open to anyone interested in steward recruitment, tool development, or any of the other topics included in the user group mandate. Voting membership will be restricted to current and former stewards in good standing. Group co-contacts marked with *. Voting members are eligible to join stewards-usergroup mailing list.