Wikimedia Conference 2018/Conference Venue
|WMCON 2018||Core Conference Program||Fringe Events||Registration & Participants
General Information edit
The Wikimedia Conference 2018 will take place at the Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof Airport (adjected hotel rooms of Mercure are reserved for accommodating WMCON conference participants).
Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof Airport
Hermannstrasse 214-216 - (entrance via Rollbergstrasse)
Geo coordinates: 52.47865, 13.425896 OpenStreetMap
Public transport stop nearby
- Boddinstraße (U-bahn/subway line U8)
In-house services and facilities
- Free Wifi
- Business corner with PC and printer
- In-house restaurant and bar
The conference venue is located in the vibrant northern part of the neighbourhood Neukölln.
Once known as a largely immigrant working-class neighbourhood, Neukölln is now hailed as the trendiest district in Berlin. Not only is Neukölln home to creatives, artists, designer labels and a bustling nightlife, but above all to people from all around the world. For this reason, Neukölln is the embodiment of diversity. The district’s multicultural character reflects in food choices, shops and events. Neuköllns lively mix can also be seen in the fact that many attractive Gründerzeit buildings, single-family homes, modern tower blocks and extensive green spaces coexist right next to each other.
We recommend diving into Neuköllns lively streets whilst in Berlin.
If you are interested in learning more about Neukölln please visit https://www.visitberlin.de/en/districts/neukolln.
Friendly space policy
The Wikimedia Conference organizing team is dedicated to provide a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Alike other movement events, the Friendly Space Policy, which is maintained by the Wikimedia Foundation, will be applied.
Stores and facilities in vicinity of the venue
- Pharmacy: Werbellin Apotheke (Hermannstraße 52, 12049 Berlin)
- Grocery store: Edeka (inside Kindle Boulevard, next to the venue)
- General practitioner: Dr. med. Diana-Beate Siegel (Hermannstraße 223, 12049 Berlin, telephone number: +49 30 62 13 057)
- Hospital: Vivantes Klinikum Am Urban (Dieffenbachstraße 1, 10967 Berlin)
Landmarks in the vicinity of the venue
- Tempelhof Airport (closed historic airport, which was turned into a recreational park and event space)
- Rixdorf (Bohemian village dating back from the middle of the 19th century)
- Körnerpark (park with café and a gallery for temporary exhibitions)
- Tempelhofer Ufer 23–24Google translation (historical railway administration site, also home of the Wikimedia Germany chapter's officeGoogle translation)