Wikimania 2009 bid selection timeline
(Redirected from Wikimania 2009/Bids/Timeline)
|Main page (site)|
|Wikimania 2005 (site)|
|Wikimania 2006 (site)|
|Wikimania 2007 (site)|
|Wikimania 2008 (site)|
- December 15, 2007: Bidding opened.
- January 12, 2008: Jury selection announced
- January 12, 2008: Bidding creation ended. List of running cities announced.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date.
- February 3rd (0:01 UTC): Bidding ended. All major information on bidding page were finalized.
- February 3rd (3:00 UTC): Public meeting No. 1 with existing bidders.
- (15:00 UTC): Public meeting No. 2 with existing bidders
- February 3rd: Question & Answer from jury began.
- February 3rd - March 6: Refining of bids and answering jury's questions.
- February 28: Question & Answer from jury ended.
- February 21rd - March 13: Jury deliberation.
- Post-March 13: Host city announced to public.
- March 28th: Buenos Aires is selected by the Jury and an announcement is made to the public.