Wikimania 2009/Official requirements for bidding cities
|Main page (site)|
|Wikimania 2005 (site)|
|Wikimania 2006 (site)|
|Wikimania 2007 (site)|
|Wikimania 2008 (site)|
This page lists the official requirements that cities hoping to host Wikimania in 2009 should fulfill in order to be chosen. If you want to propose a city, please use the following bid template in the presentation of tour bid.
For the criteria which the jury may use in determining the chosen city, please see the draft criteria at Wikimania/Judging criteria.
Ground rules to keep in mind Edit
Experience has proven that the following requirements should be followed as closely as possible.
- Dates should be from the beginning of July to mid August and should include a weekend.
- The maximum number of participants should be 500 people, the minimum 300.
- The venue must provide accommodation within walking distance of the conference grounds, preferably with lots of hanging out spaces where Wikimaniacs can get together informally.
- The venue must have seminar/conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people and no less than 30 people at one time for the sessions. It should provide at least one main hall that can hold up to 500 people. Count on having around 5/6 simultaneous tracks in the program. (i.e. the venue must accommodate 500 people at any time in 5/6 rooms).
- Geographical diversity -- having 2009's Wikimania in a different city, country, continent and/or hemisphere than 2006's (U.S.A.), 2007's (Taiwan) and 2008's (Egypt) -- is a factor in decision-making. The weighting in judging criteria will say how much.
Draft application Edit
Please copy and paste the following for a city application into a page titled "[[Wikimania 2009/Bids/xxx]]", where xxx is the name of the city:
year = the year being applied for.
This template lists the basic requirements for an application, but is in no way exhaustive, you may add to your application all information you feel should be brought to the attention of the jury. Please make sure you give all price quotes with an equivalent in dollar US (USD).