The Wikibase Community User Group has the opportunity to send one (and only one) representative to Wikimedia Summit 2020 (Berlin, April 3 to 5, 2020).
Due to some confusion, there are two candidates:
One representative need to be choose before Friday 20, or no-one would go.
The vote will start now (Wednesday 18, 15:00 UTC) and end tomorrow, Thursday 19 (23:59 UTC). This is an approbation vote, comments are welcome but only Support votes will be taken into account.
Courtesy ping for @Tiputini and Envlh: to make sure they know this vote is taking place.
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. A summary of the conclusions reached follows.
- User:Tiputini withdrew as a candidate. Thanks all for keeping the proceedings friendly and civil. -- Fuzheado (talk) 19:02, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support as he has a good knowledge of both Wikibase and the Movement strategy. Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 15:40, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Indeed he has good knowledge of the UG and is active in the community. --Andrawaag (talk) 16:08, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support While I appreciate the willingness of Tiputini to go, Envlh openly posted their interest on the user group talk page several weeks ago. After 7 days without objection or other candidates expressing interest, I feel supporting Envlh is the most community-justified decision to make. Not only this, but they are also active in the Telegram group, in the writing of the annual report and in the strategy process. -- Fuzheado (talk) 16:28, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Envlh. He knows Wikibase and the mouvement strategy. He is a cool and active guy. He wrote the 2019 report. I appreciate Tiputini dedicate proposition to go to replace the missing-in-action group contacts, but Tiputini is not a member of the group, she is not active in it, she does not know the issues related to the group focus. So it seems to me Envlh input will be more useful to the Berlin participants and he will bring back an output relevant to the group. Anthere (talk)
- Support Envlh, as firstly, he is a member of our group and secondly, he has a good knowledge of Wikibase, he can be the right person to speak about any issue about our group. Rajeeb (talk) 18:02, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support I explained my position. — Envlh (talk) 18:23, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.