Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Workshop on editing wikisource - from beginners to mid level - with special reference to Tamil wikisource
- Your Username (For the submission author)
Balajijagadesh , Info-farmer [[User:Balajijagadesh , Info-farmer|(Link)]]
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
Due to programs such as wikimedians in residence and in cooperation with Tamil Virtual University, Close to 2200 nationalised books were uploaded to tamil wikisource with CC 0 license. The number of pages to be proof read is 3,95,483 as on 13:51, Monday, July 11, 2016 (UTC). For this huge number of pages to be proof read, fairly larger number of volunteers are required. As of now the number of contributors in Tamil wikisource is in tens. The main block for people to contribute for Wikisource is lack of awareness. The uninitiated find it difficult to understand the wikisource. Hence the workshop will delve on the following area to make things easy:
- The basics of Wikisource.
- Different templates used for different type of text such as prose poetry, science, etc.
- Different tools which can be used in editing Wikisource.
- All basic aspects from start editing in Wikisource through tranclusion of the proof read text till how the work the can be made available in different formats such as pdf, mobi, epub, etc to the common readers.
- For advanced users, the use of auto wiki browser and CSV plugin for Wikisource, running pywikibot for various maintenance works of Wikisource
Other language Wikisource editors can also join us to see what other tools we use for editing, what templates we use for editing, automation process, etc. We would be grateful if other language Wikisource editor can enrich this workshop with their experience and knowledge.
Technical requirements from the Wikisource community
Time required: Minimum of 50 minutes
Requisite knowledge: knowledge of editing in wiki desired but not compulsory.
Target group: Tamil language contributors, Technical people interested to volunteer for Wikisource in general and particularly for Tamil Wikisource. Any other language wikisource editors who are curious about what we are doing in Tamil Wikisource.
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- Satdeep Gill (talk) 06:55, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 14:29, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 12:02, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 13:37, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Csyogi (talk) 17:46, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Jayantanth (talk) 13:42, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- Manojk (talk) 15:05, 30 July 2016 (UTC)