Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
- Your Username (For the submission author)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
Wikipedia is built with Mediawiki. Mediawiki software provides a very simple, descriptive and comprehensive apis (Application Programming Interface) to get various kind of data from the websites or applications that built with Mediawiki. By using these apis we can get different kind of information from wikipedia. We call pull articles, categories, images, user informations etc. by using api. s In this small workshop I will try to demostrate how we can use mediawiki apis to get information from wikipedia and how we can use these information for various purpose like evaluvating a wikipedia campaign, creating an information stream etc. I will also try to introduce the mediawiki api query sandbox and demostrate how an api query is builded and information pulled out. I will also demonstrate how we can build tools around Mediawiki apis. The session is a little bit technical but this will give a wikipedia editor how various tools are built around wikipedia.
- This is my favorite stream. Interested and curious to know more about it. -தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 06:22, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Erfanebrahimsait 09:23, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
- Interested -- Adv.tksujith (talk) 14:53, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Kannan Shanmugam (talk) 05:05, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
- Interested. --Balurbala (talk) 15:14, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Rehman 07:51, 6 August 2016 (UTC)