bots for pl.wikiEdit
"Board elections", not election. Thank you for your attention. --Aphaia 09:46, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
Foundation board election questions.Edit
I think now I realize what you asked me. "discussion" is intended to give a link to a question page for you from voters, however its variable is now changed to indicate a particular page on meta, so you needn't care about that as for English version.
By the way, Could you please help standardize the template using same variable names with English version? I tried to fix and update your polish version presentation, and then find it very hard for me. The polish version was designed last year and hard for me to update. Thank you for your cooperation. --Aphaia 19:04, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
Please activate your wiki mail on meta. Or being unconfirmed, you may lose your candidacy.
Also please add Board elections/2007/Candidates/WarX/questions to your watchlist and try to check it periodically.
Thank you for your attention, --Aphaia 19:33, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
I also wanted to ask you to see if you could answer more questions. I am seriously considering endorsing you, as you seem an excellent candidate who would add diversity to the board. Eluchil404 02:17, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
Questions for the Wikipedia SignpostEdit
Hi! My name is Ral315, and I'm the editor-in-chief of the Wikipedia Signpost, a weekly newspaper on the English Wikipedia. I'm sending out an optional questionnaire that I hope you'll respond to. These questions will be published in next week's issue, and hopefully translated into many languages and copied to the Meta-Wiki prior to the election. (So, if you speak multiple languages, it'd be fantastic, though certainly not required, if you'd be willing to translate your answers into any languages you speak fluently.)
There's no word limit on any of these questions, but I suggest that brevity (maybe about 300-400 words per answer) is best. If at all possible, answers should be submitted by 16:00 UTC on Monday, June 25 (though late responses will also be accepted).
I'm posting these to your talk pages because they don't really fit well on question pages (since many will repeat questions you've already answered). You can reply to me by e-mail, or at my English Wikipedia, English Wikinews or Meta talk pages.
Thanks again for answering these, and good luck in the elections.
- Do you have any other usernames or pseudonyms?
- What current or former user rights or positions do you have, and on which projects? (i.e. administrator, bureaucrat, arbitrator, developer, steward, board member, etc.)
- Outside of Wikipedia, what do you do for a living?
- What languages do you speak?
- Why do you want to join the Board? What qualities do you feel you can bring to the Board?
- About how much time do you think you'll put into the role?
- Ideally, where do you see the Wikimedia Foundation in 5 years?
- As a board member, how will you ensure a balance between openness and necessary privacy in board matters?
- Recent discussion has centered around the Wikipedia and Wikimedia brands. How do you feel the Wikimedia brands should be used, or changed?
- Wikimedia projects in developing nations are growing in popularity, but still lag far behind the more popular projects. What steps would you suggest to improve the quality, readership, and number of editors on smaller wikis?
- What do you feel should be done to increase participation on non-Wikipedia projects?
- As a board member, what strategies would you consider to raise money for the Foundation?
- What else do you want to say to voters? (This is a good place to answer a question specific to your candidacy that you think should be answered)
Wikivoyage logo selection processEdit
Hello, WarX. Because we are not able to use the logo selected for Wikivoyage in 2012, there is a process underway to choose another design. Both new and previously submitted designs are eligible for submission by their creators. Since you submitted at least one design to the last process, I wanted to let you know. Please see Wikivoyage/Logo 2013 and Logo selection procedure for the rules of submission. If you have any questions, you are welcome to come by my talk page. Thank you! --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 18:36, 15 July 2013 (UTC)