Hello! I am currently very busy in real life and will only be contributing sporadically to the projects. However, I do get email notifications for this talk page, and will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Before you leave your message, please see the menu below.
If your query is about...
- 1 feedback request :)
- 2 Err re: w-d-h from WP-ns to a given WP-ns page
- 3 Milestone & mayflower
- 4 The Hungarian wikinews is waiting from 24 November 2006
- 5 Localizations in Polish
- 6 Finnish translations
- 7 Corrections to Serbian Translation
- 8 Vietnamese translation of Mayflower
- 9 User:Tangotango/Mayflower/Translation/gl
- 10 Dellie 2.5
- 11 Mayflower spanish version 2.02
- 12 Whatredirectshere tools for Korean Language
- 13 Search engine offline
- 14 Spanish localization for milestone tool
- 15 S%
- 16 Mayflower down
- 17 Mayflower in Greek
- 18 Whatredirectshere in Italiano
- 19 Whatredirectshere upgradable?
- 20 MIile Stone Tamil Translation
- 21 What Links here Tool Tranlsation
- 22 Whatredirectshere in Catalan
- 23 Problem with MayFlower
- 24 Milestone - Roumanian version
- 25 Finnish translation of Mayflower
- 26 Khmer localization for milestone toolserver
- 27 Suggestion: More Language
- 28 malayalam translation
- 29 Whatredirectshere, Mayflower & Milestone in Maltese
- 30 Milestone tool
- 31 Admin confirmations
- 32 "Fluent expression" instead of "Native" Requirement
- 33 Mayflowerのバグ
- 34 Milestone translation
- 35 Spanish translation of Whatredirectshere
- 36 Rfa stats
- 37 Whatredirectshere - Croatian translation
- 38 Duplicate vote finder
- 39 Milestone (ru & uk)
- 40 Bots!
- 41 the translation (zh-cn) in MayFlower has been upgraded
- 42 Whatredirectshere - localisation /it
- 43 Belarusian (Taraškievica) translation for Mayflower
- 44 SWMTBot moved to toolserver
- 45 Uselang in bots
- 46 Toolserver account expired / Toolserver-Benutzerkonto abgelaufen
- 47 Your toolserver tools
- 48 IRC
- 49 toolserver - reg tool
- 50 Dellie
- 51 Humble Request to Hon'ble Members of Language Committee
feedback request :)Edit
Late thanks to your late reply in pt:Usuário Discussão:Waldir#Milestone tool (I am not being ironic, I really havent had time too :D) I'd like to call your attention to this other message, which I sent even earlier than the milestone one. I was wondering if you don't read that page often, or if you have been delaying the work on implementing those suggestions for when you have time. I am not in a hurry, evidently (I don't even have the right to), but I just wanted a little feedback :) are you planning on taking care of that issue soon, or what?
Anyway, keep up the great work! --Waldir 17:49, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
Err re: w-d-h from WP-ns to a given WP-ns pageEdit
My attempt to find en:WP project-n/s pages that Rdr to the page in question produced, in the 1st 20, almost entirely very famous people's bio articles. BTW, could you change the lk on the results pg to this talk pg, instead of the current pg that takes a lot of words to explain it is the wrong place, and for new users of your tool, at least a return to the scene of the crime to figure out that the weapon must indeed be a toolserver tool.
Maybe part of this is me misunderstanding the tool's purpose: is it unsuitable to finding what Rdrs point to a page? (A tool that found that should work faster, and might let the user rely on the server functions. And if i know what the Rdrs are, i can rule out some of the routes.)
--User:Jerzy·t 04:24, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- Ah! Asimov is indeed a (first) Rdr that does indeed contain a (2nd) rdr to the page i queried about. Neither Asmimov nor the 2nd Rdr is in the WP n/s, but in some sense that is the only remaining mystery. (And that mystery may be a cockpit problem or a doc'n oversight (by you or others), since i recall another occasion since i discovered this tool when i thot i'd selected a n-s, could see i had had failed in the attempt, and was able to do so on the next try.
- Whether a tool that treats those very common and (IMO) hidden Rdrs as it does, is a question that surely depends on what you had in mind for the tool's realm -- and that realm is something i may be completely clueless about. Tnx.
--User:Jerzy·t 04:54, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Milestone & mayflowerEdit
Hi! I have two requests/questions:
- I corrected and fixed the Dutch translation of the milestone tool. Please update the translation of the tool.
- About the mayflower tool, when I was reviewing the translation of the tool, I saw the following error: In English there is "Show [X results] per page" ( is the dropdown box). In Dutch the translation appears like this: "Tonen [X resultaten] per pagina". The correct translations should be "[X resultaten] per pagina tonen". The current translation strings are:
$lang['MF_NOP_LEADER'] = 'Show'; $lang['MF_NOP_TRAILER'] = 'per page'; $lang['MF_NOP_UNITS'] = ' results';
To fix my problem, the dropdown box should be added as a parameter, like this:
$lang['MF_NOP_TEXT'] = 'Show $1 per page'; $lang['MF_NOP_UNITS'] = ' results';
Could you please fix this? Thank you very much, SPQRobin 16:38, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
The Hungarian wikinews is waiting from 24 November 2006Edit
Maybe the time was enough. We have been waiting 1 year and 1 mounth !! Requests_for_new_languages/Wikinews_Hungarian
We are writing news articles every day. Just the hungarian wikinews hasn't been published so nobody can see our work, our news articles... incubator: Wn/hu What are we waiting for ??! --ZuzuPetas 21:25, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
Localizations in PolishEdit
Thanks for uploading my translations :).
This is translated "general" file:
$lang['gen_error'] = 'Błąd'; $lang['gen_db-connect-error'] = 'Nie można się połączyć z serwerem bazy danych (być może jest wyłączony); Błąd: '; $lang['gen_db-select-error'] = 'Nie można się połączyć z serwerem bazy danych (baza danych którą wybrałeś prawdopodobnie nie istnieje'); Błąd: '; $lang['gen_welcome'] = 'Witamy'; $lang['gen_invalid_dbname'] = 'Najprawdopodobniej błędna nazwa bazy danych'; $lang['gen_nonexistent_wiki'] = 'Projekt, który wybrałeś nie istnieje lub baza danych dla niego nie jest uaktualniona na toolserwerze.'; $lang['gen_query_failed'] = 'Zapytanie SQL zwróciło następujący błąd: '; $lang['gen_query_failed_badrowcount'] = 'Zapytanie SQL nie zwróciło poprawnej liczby rekordów.';
I also did small correction in this file. I will be thankful if you update it once again :).
I hope, that my translations are better, than my English ;) Regards EMeczKa 23:10, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
Here are the translations for the "general" file you asked:
$lang['gen_error'] = 'Virhe'; $lang['gen_db-connect-error'] = 'Serverille yhdistäminen epäonnistui. Serveri voi olla kaatunut. Virhe oli: '; $lang['gen_db-select-error'] = 'Serverille yhdistäminen epäonnistui. Valitsemaasi tietokantaa ei ole välttämättä olemassa; Virhe oli: '; $lang['gen_welcome'] = 'Tervetuloa'; $lang['gen_invalid_dbname'] = 'Virheellinen tietokantanimi'; $lang['gen_nonexistent_wiki'] = 'Valitsemaasi projektia ei ole olemassa tai sitä ei ole konfiguroitu työkaluserverille.'; $lang['gen_query_failed'] = 'SQL-kysely epäonnistui seuraavalla virheellä: '; $lang['gen_query_failed_badrowcount'] = 'SQL-kysely ei palauttanut oikeaa määrää rivejä.';
Thank you. --AtteL 15:21, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
Corrections to Serbian TranslationEdit
Vietnamese translation of MayflowerEdit
Hi, I know the code of DellieBot is avaiable here, but the current Dellie in #cvn-sw channel says it's version 2.5. So could you please make its code aviable, too? Thanks, --MF-Warburg 13:40, 29 January 2008 (UTC)
Mayflower spanish version 2.02Edit
Whatredirectshere tools for Korean LanguageEdit
韓国語ウィキペディアでこのツールをリンクしています。--Ficell 10:17, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- 翻訳を完了しました。User:Tangotango/Whatredirectshere/koをご覧ください。（ツール内のWelcome（ようこそ）が翻訳テキスト内にありませんでしたのでここでお知らせします。 어서오세요 でお願いします。
Search engine offlineEdit
The Mayflower search engine on commons.wikimedia.org doesn't work any more. It gives a database error and quits the service:
"Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli-mysqli]: (42000/1049): Unknown database 'u_tangotango' in /home/tangotango/public_html/mayflower/includes/mfsearch.php on line 41 Database error Mayflower experienced a terrible error. The error reported was: Unknown database 'u_tangotango'. This is most likely temporary and will be fixed in due course." 188.8.131.52 10:58, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Spanish localization for milestone toolEdit
Hello, I've just added the localization in Spanish for your tool. Best regards, Alpertron 13:11, 8 February 2008 (UTC). PS: By the way, the bottom box "Namespace:" and the explanation "(Specify the internal namespace ID. Leave blank to search all.)" cannot be translated.
I like your RFA analysis tool very much but think that S% should be 100*S/(S+N+O), not 100*S/(S+O). Respectfully, Iterator12n 03:59, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
Mayflower has been down for some time (days, maybe weeks). 184.108.40.206 07:01, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
Mayflower in GreekEdit
Whatredirectshere in ItalianoEdit
- Please replay me in it:discussioni utente:PersOnLine
Your Whatredirectshere is a very good tool.
Only, do you think it could be possible to add a checkbox to give the possibility to view the pages that link each redirect (similar to the classic Whatlinkshere)? Or the possibility to simply count how many pages link to each redirect? Bye from Gig (it:Discussioni utente:The gig).
MIile Stone Tamil TranslationEdit
What Links here Tool TranlsationEdit
Whatredirectshere in CatalanEdit
Your tool is very usuful. I have translated it to Catalan and I'd like to add a link from the Catalan MediaWiki. --Vriullop 14:49, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
Problem with MayFlowerEdit
Hello Tangotango !
I have a little problem with MayFlower : the "File type" parameter doesn't seem to work.
Example : with the parameter type:jpeg
I get a lot of SVG files...
Thanks in advance for looking at this issue.
Peter17 15:37, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
Milestone - Roumanian versionEdit
Finnish translation of MayflowerEdit
Khmer localization for milestone toolserverEdit
Suggestion: More LanguageEdit
I have tranlated the Milestone, Whatredirectshere and Mayflower. And I want to tranlate the perface language of the rest of your tools (RfA Analysis, User registration date finder and Nubio) into Chinese.----Caiguanhao 13:20, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I successfully made malayalam translation for milestone--Mwjesse 13:18, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Whatredirectshere, Mayflower & Milestone in MalteseEdit
Sorry for doing all this translation.. I have made the Maltese translation of the Whatredirectshere, the Mayflower and the Milestone tool. These are found here: Whatredirectshere, Mayflower and Milestone. Chrisportelli 14:22, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
I've added a translation of Thai language milestone tool. Please enable it on the tool page. Thanks. :) --Passawuth 05:28, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
"Fluent expression" instead of "Native" RequirementEdit
Community find very problematic to limit language proposal to native language. in foundation list there many example of languages that has no native speakers, but are very useful as culture vehicle. possible proposals in these will fail because of this unfair barrier
what is our proposal?
the consensual proposal of wikimedia community is replace "native" requirement" for "fluent expression". in any kind of language form (oral, written, signal).
Please replace native for fluent expression. ~~u~~
Mayflower experienced a terrible error. The error reported was: Table 'commonswiki_p.page' doesn't exist. This is most likely temporary and will be fixed in due course.
というものでした。Temporaryとはいうものの、しばらくしてもなおってないようです。よろしかったら、ご確認願えますでしょうか? --Yukichi99 06:47, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Spanish translation of WhatredirectshereEdit
Hey, I'm trying to get data for to regenerate a new version of en:File:RFA Probability Plot.png. According to en:User_talk:Dragons_flight#File:RFA_Probability_Plot.png_redux, I'd need the data your bot has been posting on en:WT:RFA and en:WP:BN on an hourly basis for the past year. Is this data saved in a separate location somewhere, or is it only in the page history of that chart?--Aervanath (talk) 15:21, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Whatredirectshere - Croatian translationEdit
Duplicate vote finderEdit
Do you think you could make it possible to use your RFA analyzer for the same use on Commons:Picture of the Year/2008/Galleries? Thanks in advance! Please reply here. Pbroks13 18:13, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Milestone (ru & uk)Edit
Hi! Please update Russian translation and approve Ukrainian. ~ aleksandrit 12:31, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey Tangotango, Before I go and type a long response, just want to know if you still check this (and if you remember me ;-) ). I tried emailing the wikignome address I had for you all those years ago, but it (obviously) isn't happening anymore... Anyway, greets :) Deon555 08:11, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
the translation (zh-cn) in MayFlower has been upgradedEdit
Whatredirectshere - localisation /itEdit
Belarusian (Taraškievica) translation for MayflowerEdit
Hello. I've just made a translation for Mayflower. I hope I've done it all right so please add this belarusian translation.
Isn't it bad that the language has such a long langcode (be-tarask). Such code is used everything in Wikimedia (except Wikipedia - be-x-old).
Thanks in advance. Wizardist 07:33, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
SWMTBot moved to toolserverEdit
This is to inform you that we have moved the SWMTBot as a multimaintainer project into Toolserver. Please find the home page there and if you wish to be added as a maintainer, please drop me a line.
Thank you for a wonderful bot. :-) --Jyothis 03:29, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Uselang in botsEdit
Could you append "&uselang=en" to all of the diffs that the bot reports? For example, http://bn.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=622656&oldid=622380&rcid=621199 has diff/history links which are very confusing. Instead, link it to http://bn.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=622656&oldid=622380&rcid=621199&uselang=en , where the interface messages, like "diff", "history", are in english, enabling people to make sense of the links, especially on wikis like ur: and fa:, where everything is backwards. Thanks, Manishearth 06:54, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
Toolserver account expired / Toolserver-Benutzerkonto abgelaufenEdit
English: Hello Tangotango, I cannot access to your tool http://toolserver.org/~tangotango/userreg.php because your user account on the toolserver has expired. Please renew your account there.
Deutsch: Hallo Tangotango, ich kann nicht mehr auf das Tool http://toolserver.org/~tangotango/userreg.php zugreifen, weil dein Toolserver-Benutzerkonto abgelaufen ist. Bitte verlängere dein dortiges Benutzerkonto. -- Tofra Talk contributions 07:04, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
I second the request! I miss using Mayflower! -Sweet_kate 10:42, 11 May 2010
Your toolserver toolsEdit
Hi, they're currently offline, so I was wondering if you could renew your account? If so that'd be great, if not then I understand your reasons and will not bother you about this anymore. Fridae'sDoom 06:41, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello, just a little note requested by an wikimedia-admin operator: Your access to the IRC channel #wikimedia-admin will be revoked due to you no longer holding administrator access on any Wikimedia wiki. If this is a mistake and you currently do hold these permissions on any wiki and access has been removed feel free to re-request access at operator requests or ask an operator to restore access. Regards, John F. Lewis (talk) 01:39, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
toolserver - reg toolEdit
I'm writing about your tool that count registration date on wikiprojects
toolserver says: The page you requested is hosted by the Toolserver user tangotango, whose account has expired. Toolserver user accounts are automatically expired if the user is inactive for over six months. To prevent stale pages remaining accessible, we automatically block requests to expired content. Can you fix this error please? thanks. --XXN (talk) 19:33, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
Humble Request to Hon'ble Members of Language CommitteeEdit
- As a Test Admin of Wp/khw Khowar Wikipedia Project I on behalf of the Khowar language communities of Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and Xinjiang(China) humbly request the all respectable members of the language comittee for early approval, creation of Khowar Wkipedia i.e. khw.wikipedia.org. The Khowar language is spoken in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and Xingjiang(China). I have created a test page for Khowar language in incubator i.e. Wikipedia Khowar (Khowar Language Wikipedia), On behalf of the abovementioned Khowar speaking four countries for early approval and creation and normalization of Khowar Wikipedia edition. Khowar is one of spoken 14 languages in Chitral(Pakistan). It will be useful to Khowar internet users to report news from worldwide. I strongly feel it deserves its own Wikipedia. Being a test admin i have translated all most used messages into khowar. I have created test Khowar Wikipedia at Khowar Wikpedia.--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 06:09, 6 November 2015 (UTC)