- I see no purpose for this proposal. By visiting [], logging in, and selecting the grc-interface-language by using your "My preferences"-options, you practically have a wikisource in AGreek. Omnipaedista 07:46, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- By the way, check out this draft of mine here: []. Unlike the modern Greek wikisource which is excellent when it comes to AGreek texts, the modern Greek wikiquote is terrible. So if you really want an AGreek project to open soon this is the only viable solution. Of course, I still find 'quotes unencyclopedic and non-prioritary and I am not even sure if I would contribute to a (wq/grc/)-test (supposing that it will open in the incubator sometime), but as I said above, with the current policy, it is the only way to open an AGreek project. In any case we should discuss first any new proposals and not act at will; for example the 3rd 'pedia request by Vartanskleros was totally meaningless and premature, and was based on no consensus of the editing community. If we are not concerted, we do not give a very good image to those who have to evaluate our project.
Omnipaedista 21:14, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello I noticed that you are interested in creating a wikiquote in ancient greek. I also had the same idea but at the moment I have sent an e-mail to somebody who could tell us under which circumstances we could create such a wikiquote (wikiquote in the policy isn't allowed to be created in "dead" languages but this could change). Except I would really be thankful if you could you please inform me in any process regarding the ancient greek.--ZaDiak 14:27, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- Γεια σου ZaDiak! As you can read in my reply to Crazymadlover, I consider wq as an ultimate solution (in case the policy allows wikiquotes but not wikipedias). That is why I created the draft above (link 2). And of course I was planning on informing you about it (besides, you gave me the idea), but only after I was sure that I really want to work on this. In the meanwhile I will continue participating in the talk-page of the new community proposal.
Omnipaedista 21:14, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- I think that we should try to create a wikisource firstly and after that if this idea fails, then we should try to create a wikiquote.--ZaDiak 17:21, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
100% mediawiki messagesEdit
i changed my language interface in all wikimedia pages, to ancient Greek, i enjoy. but often find English phrase without translation. you must be very busy in the real life. but i might ask, cordially, complete the translation of 100% of mediawiki messages. I ask you because you are certainly one whose better knows the language. clearly that it may not be entirely useful at this time, but I think that the ability to translate these messages demonstrate the power of language, and is also a matter of pride and self-esteem. Crazymadlover
Translator, We need you!Edit
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
Dear Omnipaedista, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:35, 12 September 2014 (UTC)