|◄◄||User talk:Jon Harald Søby||►►|
|Archives: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20|
Hi, would you please be so kind to modify the Ligurian mediawiki edittools (but, in fact, 'Copyrightwarning') to insert letters with diacriticals, like at Sicilian wikipedia (Please take a look at here)? Unfortunately, there is no widespread consensus about one ortography; notwithstanding, all ones use accents, so this would make it easier editing papers. I am not admin there, nor is there any, so nobody's able to do it. Many thanks, --lmo:User:Clamengh 12:20, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- Do you mean Lombard? According to w:Ligurian language, Ligurian has been extinct for a few millenas… Jon Harald Søby 12:22, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- Many thanks, cheers. lmo:User:Clamengh 9:39, 03 July 2006 (UTC+2)
Bot flagged on iswikiEdit
I flagged your bot on the Icelandic Wikipedia so he wouldn't flood the Recent Changes page. Hope you don't mind. --Friðrik Bragi Dýrfjörð
1. Duffman 07:21, 30 June 2006 (UTC), 2. Ooom 08:26, 3 July 2006 (UTC)) --Modern 08:57, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi Jon Harald. I'm from the hebrew wiktionary, and I saw you registered there yesterday. Just out of curiosity, I wondered why... God dag, שי 12:03, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- I registered on every Wiktonary yesterday… I find it useful to have an account on every project, at least until Single login is here. So now I have an account in every Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Wikisource. Jon Harald Søby 14:22, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- I see. Thanks. 22.214.171.124 18:13, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
Jon Harald Søby,
This is Mana, one who requested for Kannada domain wikisource. I see that the domain has been created now. Thanks! The list of all pages that need to be moved from parent wikisource to new domain are categorised under: http://wikisource.org/wiki/Category:Kannada I request you to move all the pages, when you get a chance. If you need anything from my side, please let me know in my talk page User talk:ಮನ. Thank you! - Mana|ಮನ 23:29, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- Okay, fixed. I imported all the pages from the old WIkisource. There may be a few things missing, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. (PS! I didn't have anything to do with the creation of the Kannada Wikisource, so I'm not the one to thank for that.) Jon Harald Søby 20:03, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you! for the quick action. Sure, I will let you know if there's anything missed out. Mana 00:10, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the vandalismEdit
-- Newhoggy 13:33, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
What must admin do with disputed photo?Edit
There is a photo on Russian Wikipedia: ru:Изображение:CableCarPassengersGelendzhik05Jul2006.jpg.
It was made by "Olimp" company that serves cable-way represented on the photo.
ru:User:Mithgol_the_Webmaster says that "Olimp" company delegated exclusive rights on this photo and confirm that by Quicktime video, where company representative verbally says that he in the name of company delegate exclusive right to ru:User:Mithgol_the_Webmaster.
But accordingly to Russian copyright laws such delegation must be drawn as written contract, so license status of this photo is unclear. I consider we (I mean, Wikipedia) actually have no rights to publish that photo. By the way, Russian copyright laws does not provide so called "fair-use" of copyrighted media.
I sayed that if in 7 days the documents about rights delegation will not be shown, then I will delete that photo because of its copyrighted status. Then bureaucrat ru:User:Drbug arised and sayed that he will not allow deletion of that photo.
So, I need to know stewards' (your) opinion about this case.
What do you think about this? --Jaroslavleff 09:31, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- Dear Jon Harald, I don't know exact intentions of Mr. Jaroslavleff, and why he wishes to compromise me, but I feel it necessary to defend my honor and cite my own words: "Если хочешь - выноси на суд общественности. Самовольно удалять крайне не рекомендую." (in Russian); translation: "If you wish, you would introduce it to the community for judgement. I strogly do not recommend you to delete it on your own sole discretion." It is my advice, and it does not matter at all whether I'm bureaucrat or not. As for the image, I have already started a discussion at Commons wiki Village Pump] (the situation is not as easy as stated by Mr. Jaroslavleff, he is not a lawyer, and so I suppose the discussion will long some time and may lead to some significant changes in Ru Wiki policies), and I'm planning to start it later in Ru Wiki. Also I would like to mention, that the discussed image is not mine. Thank you for understanding. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 10:41, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- Hi! I'm not exactly an expert in Russian copyright law, but Wikimedia policies state that we cannot use images that we and only we have permission to use – the picture must also be usable by third parties. But if the copyright holder allows it to be released under a free license, orally or in writing, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to use it. But if we and only we may use it, it has to be deleted. Jon Harald Søby 11:04, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- According Russian laws rights may be transferred only by so called "author's contract", which must be in the written form; nobody can orally transfer his rights, such orally maded contract is void according to Russian laws and copyright holder may at any time ask for his rights back and raise a claim to Wikipedia for illegal use of copyrighted image; and 99.9% that he/she will be right. --Jaroslavleff 12:33, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
I made a comment regarding your vote on Proposals for closing projects#Closure of Simple English Wiktionary a while back. Please check my comment. If it changes nothing, that's fine, but feel free to reply to my comment or change your vote if you like. --Cromwellt|talk|contribs 17:39, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
Request from the Spanish WikipediaEdit
Hi Jon, I have another request. Can you please confirm if es:Usuario:Rossoneri 100% is a sockpuppet of es:Usuario:@IE. Thanks in advance. Axxgreazz (talk?) 16:10, 24 July 2006 (UTC) (Rossoneri ha sido bloqueado por ser el supuesto sockpuppet de @IE, sin embargo afirma no serlo, por lo que prefiero tener una confirmación de Checkuser para estar seguro. Gracias)
Thank you kind sir. :) - Taxman 17:57, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
- Seems like you just had a visit from someone from «Be Cool». Just stay cool and don't mention the russians. Agtfjott 13:33, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
Translation of the Khmer and Mongolian InterfaceEdit
Dear Jon Harald Søby!
I wish to translate those Cambodian and Mongolian System messages and have requested Here for temporary sysop status.
Can you please give me temporary sysop priviledges in those two wikipedias?
Thankyou very much.
Yours Sincerely --Jose77 06:03, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thankyou very much Jon Harald Søby!
- I will begin translating right now. --Jose77 06:12, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
Mongolian Wiki LogoEdit
Hello Jon Harald Søby!
Do you know how I can change the Mongolian Wikipedia Logo from (Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia -> Википедиа - Үнэгүй нэвтэрхий толь)?
--Jose77 21:41, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- If you have made the image, upload it to mn:Image:Wiki.png – if not, I or someone else can make it for you, and upload it. Jon Harald Søby 21:43, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- Can you please make it for me? Thanks a lot. --Jose77 21:53, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
User:Timichal at IncubatorEdit
- No worries, u deserve it. ttyl --Deon555 11:49, 3 August 2006 (UTC)