User talk:Hindustanilanguage/Archive 1
Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello Hindustanilanguage, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing!
--Mercy 09:30, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi Mercy, this user posted a an unnecessary text in German on my sandpaper page "Hier war ich" (I was here) to which I posted a message on his(/her?) talkpage "ich bin da" (I am there i.e. I am editing the sandpaper for post on MetaWiki). I am not posting any spam or experimenting any innovation on this user's talkpage. In fact, my test edit on the sandpaper can still be seen on this page. Muzammil 06:34, 7 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message. Please stick to your work and avoid posting unnecessary messages to other people's talk pages. Regards, --Mercy 08:16, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- It is not me but the IP address holder who first needlessly posted a message in German on my work. Muzammil 12:27, 9 January 2012 (UTC).
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Hindi Wikipedia machine translationEdit
- There are funny outputs from Google.
- For ex, "जी नहीं मकानदार" should mean "Of Course not, landlord". But it shows "No housekeeper". Muzammil (talk) 10:41, 29 October 2013 (UTC).
- Heh, sure. :) Note that Google Translator Toolkit is not the same as Google Translate. I'm not interested in assessing how good they are, that's too hard; but I'd like to know if you remember the machine-assisted translation efforts by Google on hi.wiki (when they were and how they were made) and if you have some statistics on them. Thanks! --Nemo 11:19, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
Hey, please write detailed editing summary about the changes you make on Wikimedia, especially on meta. And also when you make section edits. It'd help the users a lot about the updates easily. Thanks. -- ɑηsuмaη «Talk» 12:24, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi Hindustanilanguage, I saw your query regarding Maithili Wikipedia. I have been pushing to the language committee to bring it out of incubation. Almost all requirements are fulfilled now. An expert team has to approve the content is in Maithili. We are trying to complete the task now. We need your support to contribute for making some good articles in Maithili to begin with. Regards.--Ganesh Paudel (talk) 04:51, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Greetings, Muzammil thank you for your welcome... I would like to contribute, of course, but I am not ready yet for more serious job. I still edit a bit on Croatian Wikipedia. Not much, not really important things. Just proofreading, for the time being. I haven't done anything more than that yet even in my native, Croatian language, not to mention English which I understand very well, but I am far from being good in English syntax and grammar, so my writing skills in English are not satisfying, not from my point of view. I hope, in future, some things will change here and I will have more time to do more on Croatian Wikipedia, and then I could translate some of that in English...
Greetings and best wishes to you from Zagreb, the Capital of Croatia, EU, Namaste :)