- Thanks --Cspurrier 17:19, 11 February 2006 (UTC)
This page has been protected for one year now: Eliminating index.php from the url can you unprotect it. I am a newb and it is very user unfriendly, and I would like to make it easier to read. Odessaukrain 23:42, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot man. Have a good one. I still have NO IDEA how to do this, but when I find a solution, I will make it available, in easy to understand language. The current page is a mess. Odessaukrain 02:01, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
Hello Cspurrier. Here you say that the galician community can start the local version of Wikinews in new language pre-launch. But the correct place is not the incubator: or the test:? Cheers, Slade pt.wp 17:13, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
- It should go on Incubator, Testwiki is for the devs to test with. --Cspurrier 18:40, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
Do you know where I can find the source files of Wikimedia projects? I need to see them. If you don't know, do you know who might know?
Thanks a lot. --Soroush83 12:03, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
hallo, bitte den admin S1 sperren.....er will mich mit allen mitteln fertig machen und schreckt nicht davor zurück, andere zu engagieren, die mich hier systematisch vertreiben sollen.....sexistische und nicht jugendfreie beiträge nimmt er nicht raus und stellt sie wieder rein nachdem ich sie rausgenommen habe....
En quote CUEdit
Meetings this weekEdit
I work this week, so the meetings need to be at 9:30. I changed the topic, so when you let people know about them, let them know for 9:30. Thanks! Mike Halterman 09:01, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
2007 Steward ConfirmationsEdit
Hi. This is a semi automated notice so my apologies if it seems a bit impersonal. You're listed as holding the Steward permission. As you know, Stewards get reconfirmed yearly, and it's that time again... I noticed that you haven't yet filled out your statement at Stewards/confirm. If you'd like to learn what the community thinks, please visit the page and put in your statement. Volunteers have been busily translating statements already. It would be best to do this before November 26, as that is when the page is opened for public comment, to coincide with the elections of new stewards. If you would like to not be reconfirmed and have your name removed, you can remove your section, or ask a volunteer to do it for you. I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or comments, there is ongoing discussion at Talk:Stewards/elections_2007. Oh, one last thing, if you already knew about it and just hadn't gotten round to it, apologies for the reminder! :) ++Lar: t/c 04:41, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
Hi, please see the request fro Bureaucrat access becasue it seems like steward FiLiP ¤ is reacting with nationalism (we albanians and he serbian). You have given Bureaucrat access to hr.wikibooks which is in same condition with administrators as sq.wikiboks (but sq.wikibooks is 9th in all top wikibooks). Thank You for your consideration. Puntori 07:54, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, I have left my thoughts on the permissions page. I very much doubt Dungodung is treating this as a nationalist issue. Stewards have always been mixed on if small communities who do not really have much need for one, should have bureaucrats. I generally support it, but many other stewards do not. Dungodung has sent the steward mailing list a note about this so as to get comments from other stewards. Once others have had a chance to comment we will make a decision. --Cspurrier 17:06, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
First I thought I'd offer a thank you for being brave / foolish enough to put your hat in the ring as a candidate for election to the Wikimedia Board of Trustees! - I wonder if you might have any time, interest, and enthusiasm to record a brief 10 / 15 minute audio interview about yourself / the reasons for your candidature / your wiki philosophy etc. etc. ? - I've been promoting a project on the english wikipedia called NotTheWikipediaWeekly - which is a grassroots effort to promote good communications through (semi) regular 'podcasts'.
If you have a couple of moments free, would you mind taking a look at this page and signing up if you're interested! It'd be great to chat with each and every one of you, and I hope you'll be amenable to this idea! Let me know if you've any questions at all, thought perhaps my english wikipedia talk page is the best spot.
The best of luck, and kind regards,
Privatemusings 03:28, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
Plannning the 'real world' conversationEdit
Thanks for both your interest and patience in setting up an audio conversation - I'm afraid I've found myself both 'real world' busy, and it took me a moment to figure out what the best way forward in organising these conversations could be.
I've created a 'sign up' sheet over at User:Privatemusings/ElectionDiscussions - which it would be great if you could peruse, and sign up at a suitable time. The times are in 'UTC' (which I gather is the official 'wiki' time) - but if you have any problems converting, there's a seperate section for you to simply drop the appropriate information in. I already have many of you as Skype contacts - but if you haven't forwarded this information so far, you can submit that at this time also.
I'm aiming to publish this podcast on 6th June - and believe (and hope!) that it might raise the profile of the election a little bit, as well as humanising the people behind the screen names a little. Thanks for your willingness to engage with this - head over here as soon as possible, and let's get chatting! cheers, Privatemusings 05:21, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, xe posted personal information about a Wikipedia admin who blocked him on a number of wikis. The deletions were pre-oversight removal of the information.--Cspurrier 00:16, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yes and he came back and did it again after you left, three different places. I deleted them but a simple notice in the log from you would have saved me a lot of research. I also could have reported the new location for oversight immediately if you had noted this in your deletion log. Check my deletion log to find the other place that needs oversight. My research seemed to point to the number being likely a telemarketing call line or something to do with turkeys rather than anything personal, as it had plenty of google hits, but I trust that you know more of what is going on. Please share that knowledge next time.--BirgitteSB 01:29, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- FYI I just blocked both accounts for intimidating behavior.--BirgitteSB 01:37, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Some of deletions were oversighted but not mine. If you truly believe this information needs oversighting, you should be aware that this is ongoing and I blocked two new accounts leaving a total of 4 accounts and one IP that have posted this information on en.WS Many of the edits are still availble in the history as they were simply rolled back. If you want to us to handle this in any particular way please let us know at s:WS:AN--BirgitteSB 14:36, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the update. The admin that the information belongs to has said "the email address is public, so it's no big deal" and the phone number is not his. It looks like further oversighting is not necessary.--Cspurrier 16:53, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
board election - question regarding WikiversityEdit
Hello Craig, since there are only a few days left until end of election I personally hope I still can see your response about this question regarding Wikiversity. Thank you very much in advance, ----Erkan Yilmaz (Wikiversity:Chat, talk) 15:00, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reminder, I will try to have an answer for you later today.--Cspurrier 16:54, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Wikinews has been hackedEdit
 has been hacked with a message saying: "This is the Zodiac speaking. Do you think you cowards can run from me? No you cannot, for I am above mortal things. ЕНКЁШКААНЛЁПЕЦЦААЭАН ДАЛЫЧЫНВКЁШКАШЕАНЦА АМЫНЮЛЛЕЯЬЦЦЫМЬЫНЕ НКЫЫЪЕХЦЫЬЕНДЁЪПХЫ НЦЕХЁККААМПЫАКЮЫНКЁ ЛМЕЦЮХАЦЦАЁЪВАШМЕЯ АШЕЁННЫЫНХАЮШКААШ ЫНЮНПЫЦЬЫШЫЙЪЫЦЦ ЬЬЦЕХДЬШЕНПЙШЬККЫЁ НЦЙПЕЪЫЬШЫКЁЯА!" and more not included. Please notify the appropriate person. This is message is going to all system admins. Calebrw 04:59, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
Hi... I'm translate your statment to portuguese, but I have a question: You say "I started grad school this year", but "grad school" can be Master's or Doctoral's school. What is your case? I ask because in portuguese "graduate school" is the college. So if I translate "I started grad school this year" to "Eu iniciei meu curso de graduação este ano" all portuguese and brazilian people will think that you are a bachelor's student. Thanks, Béria Lima Msg 17:25, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Wikimania 2010 Oxford bidEdit
Thank you for supporting the Oxford bid to hold Wikimania 2010! We're currently in the final stages of the bid process - the jury will be announcing their decision by the 16th April. We're currently putting together the local team for the bid (who will do what if the bid wins); if you're able to be on the local team, please put your name in the appropriate place on m:Wikimania 2010/Bids/Oxford/Team. We'd also welcome anything you can do to help refine the bid in these last few days. If you have any questions, please let me or User:Seddon know. Thanks. Mike Peel 21:53, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
I attempted to start an article discussion, a very hot topic about an Russian internet site "Answers" of Mail.ru. The site is involved in some activities, which and I think have to be discussed. Any open discussion about the site quickly shots down by the site administration. The administration of this site it seems has some protection among Wikipedia moderators. They do not allow any essential changes about the Wikipedia article. These changes are aimed at improving the article. I attempted to introduce and was banned for 12 hours by Alex Smotrov, clearly acting in the interests of the Russian site and not in the interests of Wikipedia - that is freedom of constructive and valid discussion and making editorial changes to articles. I am asking to consider the actions of this moderator. I do not think that they serve interests of Wikipedia.Intspot 01:47, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selectionEdit
Hi. You indicated an interest in supporting meta:The Wikinewsie Group. We are currently in the process of trying to determine the best time for a meeting to determine the composition of the provisional board of the organization. If you are interested in attending or possible running for the board, please go to meta:The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings and indicate which time would be best for you by 26 April. We plan to announce the time for the board meeting based on greatest potential availability on 28 April. --LauraHale (talk) 04:44, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection meeting timeEdit
Hi. This is to inform you that the meeting for the provisional board selection meeting for The Wikinewsie Group will take place in #wikinews-group on May 4, 2013 at 13:00 UTC, which is 8:00 in Mexico City, 9:00 in New York City, 15:00 in Berlin and 23:00 in Sydney. If you are interested in being on the provisional board but cannot attend, please comment at Talk:The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings to let the community know. --LauraHale (talk) 21:33, 26 April 2013 (UTC)