Wikidata weekly summary #336Edit
The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
2019 Anno delle lingue indigene: Nazioni UniteEdit
Scusa se ti scrivo in italiano, non so scrivere in altra lingua, rispondimi pure nella lingua che preferisci, (io riesco a leggere il francese). Come ben sai le Nazioni Unite hanno proclamato il 2019 come l'Anno delle lingue indigene. Ho visto che tu sei esperto di lingue indigene canadesi. In Europa i problemi son diversi, ma anche noi abbiamo molte lingue che corrono il rischio d'estinzione. Per fortuna le lingue europee hanno, in genere, una letteratura molto ricca: Wikisource è un progetto molto adatto per raccogliere tutti i testi in Pubblico Dominio o in Creative Commons. io sono in contatto con chi segue i seguenti progetti:
- ladino dolomitico: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/Ladin +
- romancio: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/Rumantsch
- istriota: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/Istriot
- lombardo: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/Lumbaart
- ligure: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/Ligure
- napoletano: https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/Napulitano
- Veneto: https://vec.wikisource.org/wiki/Pagina_prinsipale
- Piemontese: https://pms.wikisource.org/wiki/Intrada
Potremmo tentare di fare una grande iniziativa comune per tutte le lingue che corrono il rischio di scomparire o che sono sottorappresentate nei progetti Wikimedia. Nel mese di novembre è anche possibile fare una domanda di GRANT a WMF. Forse tutti insieme potremmo presentare un progetto credibile ed importante.--Mizardellorsa (talk) 21:24, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #337Edit
This Month in GLAM: October 2018Edit
This Month in Education: November 2018Edit
Volume 4 | Issue 10 | October 2018
This monthly newsletter showcases the Wikipedia Education Program. It focuses on sharing: your ideas, stories, success and challenges. You can see past editions here. You can also volunteer to help publish the newsletter. Join the team! Finally, don't forget to subscribe!
|From the Community|
Wikidata weekly summary #338Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #339Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #340Edit
This Month in Education: November 2018Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #341Edit
Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Fall 2018 editionEdit
Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!
- Community updates
- Multilingual Captions, the first feature release for Structured Data, is coming in January of 2019
- Be on the lookout for the beta testing announcement
- Help using captions has been set up, if you'd like to go ahead and see the workflow
- Two IRC office hours were held since the last newsletter
- Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
- Help determine and propose properties on Wikidata for Commons
- Review designs for structured licensing and copyright
- Join the community focus group!
Since the last newsletter:
- Review a prototype for searching structured Commons (October 2018)
- "Good coverage" for depicts tagging (Sept. 2018)
- Review and discuss mockups for displaying the new metadata section of the file page (18 September - 9 October 2018)
- Depicts statements draft requirements (14 August - 31 August 2018)
- Identify Wikidata properties that Commons will need (26 June - 14 August 2018)
- Presentation by Keegan on the first features to be released for Structured Data, presented at Wikiconference North America, Columbus, Ohio, October 2018.
- Sandra presented a project update at the GLAM-Wiki conference in Tel Aviv, Israel, November 2018, as part of an update and panel discussion.
- Structured Data on Commons was the subject of a keynote presentation by Sandra (see slides) at the Baltic Audiovisual Archives Council conference in Tallinn, Estonia, November 2018.
- Partners and allies
- The info portal on Structured Commons now includes a section on GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums).
- We are currently planning the first GLAM pilot projects that will use structured data on Wikimedia Commons. One project has already started: the Swedish Heritage Board researches and develops a prototype tool to provide improved metadata (translations, data additions...) from Wikimedia Commons back to the source institution. Read the project brief.
- The documentation for batch uploads of files to Wikimedia Commons will be improved in 2019, as part of preparing for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons. To prepare, the GLAM team at the Wikimedia Foundation wants to understand better which types of documentation you already use, and how you like to learn new GLAM-Wiki skills and knowledge. Fill in a short survey to provide input!
- Stay up to date!
- Follow the Structured Data on Commons project on Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/34/
- Subscribe to this newsletter to receive it on a talk page of your own choice.
Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 17:58, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #342Edit
This Month in GLAM: November 2018Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #343Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #344Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #345Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #346Edit
Captions in JanuaryEdit
My apologies if this is a duplicate message for you, it is being sent to multiple lists which you may be signed up for.
Hi all, following up on last month's announcement...
Multilingual file captions will be released this week, on either Wednesday, 9 January or Thursday, 10 January 2019. Captions are a feature to add short, translatable descriptions to files. Here's some links you might want to look follow before the release, if you haven't already:
- Read over the help page for using captions - I wrote the page on mediawiki.org because captions are available for any MediaWiki user, feel free to host/modify a copy of the page here on Commons.
- Test out using captions on Beta Commons.
- Leave feedback about the test on the captions test talk page, if you have anything you'd like to say prior to release.
Additionally, there will be an IRC office hour on Thursday, 10 January with the Structured Data team to talk about file captions, as well as anything else the community may be interested in. Date/time conversion, as well as a link to join, are on Meta.Thanks for your time, I look forward to seeing those who can make it to the IRC office hour on Thursday. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:09, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: December 2018Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #347Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #348Edit
Wiki Project Medicine Foundation MembershipEdit
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!
Wikidata weekly summary #349Edit
This Month in Education: January 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #350Edit
This Month in GLAM: January 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #351Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #352Edit
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit
Hello Amqui! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
On behalf of the steering committee,
Wikidata weekly summary #353Edit
This Month in Education: February 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #354Edit
This Month in GLAM: February 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #355Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #356Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #357Edit
This Month in Education: March 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #358Edit
Bring your idea for Wikimedia in Education to life! Launch of the Wikimedia Education GreenhouseEdit
Are you passionate about open education? Do you have an idea to apply Wikimedia projects to an education initiative but don’t know where to start? Join the the Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse! It is an immersive co-learning experience that lasts 9 months and will equip you with the skills, knowledge and support you need to bring your ideas to life. You can apply as a team or as an individual, by May 12th. Find out more Education Greenhouse. For more information reachout to mguadalupe wikimedia.org
Wikidata weekly summary #359Edit
This Month in GLAM: March 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #360Edit
This Month in Education: April 2019Edit
This Month in Education
Volume 8 • Issue 4 • April 2019
In This Issue
Wikidata weekly summary #361Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #362Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #363Edit
This Month in GLAM: April 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #364Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #365Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #366Edit
This Month in Education: May 2019Edit
Wikidata weekly summary #367Edit
This Month in GLAM: May 2019Edit