Questions for FDC candidatesEdit
Hi :-) thank you for putting yourself forward for the FDC. I want to draw your attention to the list of questions that people can answer to help the Board of Trustees learn more about the people volunteering for the committee.  Look forward to seeing your answers. Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 22:07, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
Thank you Sydney for drawing my attention to this - appreciate it! - Abhijith Jayanthi
Your comments are invited on four current FDC proposalsEdit
Hello! As you may know, we've opened the community review period for the current funding round in the Funds Dissemination Committee process. I noticed that in the past you expressed interest in the FDC, since you were a nominee for the committee. I'd like to invite you to review the 4 proposals (totaling $1.3 million USD) that were submitted to the FDC, and to ask questions and share comments about those proposals. You can help to ensure that they have high potential for impact regarding the movement's goals. The FDC especially values comments by community members and will take them into account when they prepare their recommendations. Let me know if you have any questions! --Katy Love, Senior Program Officer, Funds Dissemination Committee, Wikimedia Foundation, 22:35, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
IEG Committee - questions for candidatesEdit
Hi Abhijith Jayanthi, thanks for adding yourself as a candidate for the IEG Committee! We're going to start adding new committee members for round 2 now. The committee has decided to ask candidates 2 brief questions so that we can get to know everyone a little better. If you're still interested in joining, I hope you will come back to the committee's meta page to add a statement and answer the 2 questions by Friday 30 August 2013. Looking forward to seeing you there! Siko (WMF) (talk) 04:23, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
IEG Committee candidacyEdit
Thanks very much for submitting your candidacy for the IEG Committee - we appreciate that you took the time to share your background and thoughts with us, and enjoyed learning about the contributions you've been making to so many organizations.
This round, the committee has not selected you to join as a member: we'd like to see you grow your involvement and experience in Wikimedia projects more specifically before taking on an advisory position within this context.
We encourage you to keep going with your activities in Hyderabad and editing on-wiki as a community member, and to also stay involved in IEG by commenting on IEG proposals and ideas in the IdeaLab - we need everyone's input and yours would be very appreciated. And I hope that you will consider signing up as a candidate again in a future round! Thanks again for participating, Siko (WMF) (talk) 20:11, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal ClinicsEdit
2014 FDC self-nominationEdit
Hello! Thank you very much for submitting your nomination to join the Funds Dissemination Committee. I am Katy, and I am working with the Board representatives to the FDC on the FDC nominations process. As you know, the public question and answer period is now underway. Please do review the questions and respond to them as you are able. If you are selected for an interview, kindly note that interviews will be held the week of the 23rd June and the 30th, if necessary. If the Board appoints you to the FDC, we will be holding orientation for members prior to Wikimania on August 6 and 7 in London. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to me on my Talk page or at FDCsupport@wikimedia.org. Once again, thank you very much for putting yourself forward as a candidate for the FDC! KLove (WMF) (talk) 23:48, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏Edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team