Please reformat message to ja.wikipedia.org edit
On ja.wikipedia.org, messages from "MediaWiki message delivery" are post to ja:Project:お知らせ/ウィキメディア共通, and messages are included on ja:Project:お知らせ（discussion:ja:Wikipedia‐ノート:お知らせ#財団さんからのお知らせと日本語版内部のお知らせを分けませんか）. So, please change message's header from h2 tag（== xxx ==） to h3 tag（=== xxx ===）, and post on section "ja:Project:お知らせ/ウィキメディア共通#ウィキメディア共通のお知らせ" . --Miraburu (talk) 04:24, 12 September 2022 (UTC)
- Hi @Miraburu. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the default Heading-level (h2->h3).
- MassMessage senders just use the interface shown here File:Screenshot of MassMessage MediaWiki extension.png. It simply adds a new section to the bottom of whichever page is specified in the Distribution list that was used (per your listing).
- You could file a Feature Request for this in the Phabricator workboard (phab:tag/massmessage/), or contribute a patch. However, I would guess (I am not a developer) that it would be technically complicated to make a new setting that only applies to specific pages, so that would make it more difficult, and thus unlikely to be implemented soon.
- I hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 21:54, 12 September 2022 (UTC)
Messages are delivered on a wrong page on Nias Wiktionary edit
I noticed that the MediaWiki message delivery arrived on a wrong page on niawikt. Would you please post the messages on wikt:nia:Wiktionary:Monganga_afo as it correctly done on niawiki. I had to move the old messages (2022) to the correct page manually. Thank you in advance. Slaia (talk) 11:35, 14 January 2023 (UTC)
Request to support a wiki edit
- @Notrealname1234 It should already work, it's just that newer wikis are not shown in that account's CentralAuth table due to a technical issue (phab:T275931). If it's failing to deliver messages that were sent to that wiki, please file a new bug for that. I hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 20:35, 18 October 2023 (UTC)
Stavo rispondendo ed è saltato tutto senza alcuna spiegazione ciò è molto antipatico. Cordialmente Agnese Cetti ciuliettom 126.96.36.199 13:29, 5 October 2023 (UTC)
Erroneous destination edit
Hi, someone sent a MassMessage destination in the Wikisource:Scriptorium page on the French wikisource. But that page is actually made of monthly pages, so it should have been sent to the fr:Wikisource:Scriptorium/Octobre 2023 page instead. I did the transfer, but please fix this if other messages are planned in the future. Seudo (talk) 16:38, 18 October 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for the transfer and for the note here! You can find out which delivery list was used in a MassMessage by looking at the wikitext for the original message, which always ends with a hidden HTML-comment that links to the page used; in this case it was from User:SGill (WMF)/lists/WS VPs, which I think I've now fixed by copying from a working version elsewhere. I hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 20:26, 18 October 2023 (UTC)