Talk:Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Reda Kerbouche
|This page is being monitored by Wikimedia Foundation’s Trust and Safety Team on behalf of the process facilitators to ensure the civility of the conversations on this talkpage.
Jumping from AffCom to the BoT?Edit
Hi Reda. I recently supported your sucessful nomination for AffCom. I'm very surprised now to find you here nominating yourself to the BoT, an obviously incompatible position with your very recent AffCom nomination. Why are you leaving AffCom immediately after you were chose to integrate it?--- Darwin Ahoy! 15:38, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hello @DarwIn:. Thank you for supporting me in the AffCom elections and also for your relevant question. There is no reason for me to leave the AffCom and I am very happy to be a member. For my application to the BoT, I got involved after I went to the Wiki Summit in Berlin where several affiliations wanted to see my candidacy for this year, which is the first time ever when user groups can vote. I also have my own reasons, since, in my opinion, I can make positive changes to the movement. If the fact that I am a member of the AffCom disturbs the community or breaks any rule, I can ask for a break until the election results are available. And in my opinion, everyone can be a candidate if they can assume it.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 13:16, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Сәләм, @Рөстәм Нурыев: Мой родной алжирская дарижа и шавия (берберские языки), учился я на Арабском и на французском, и закончил университет на русском языке ну и владею английский.
- (I am native speaker in Algerian Darija and Tacawit, I studied in Arabic and French, and graduated from the university in Russian, and I speak English).--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 06:33, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
Общение с сообществом / Communication with the communityEdit
- Сколько лидеров (представителей) тематических групп и групп пользователей вы лично знаете? / How many leaders (representatives) of thematic groups and user groups do you personally know? --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 09:57, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Как вы планируете поддерживать связь с этими сообществами? / How do you plan to keep in touch with these communities? --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 09:57, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Как вы уведомляете (или планируете уведомлять) сообщества о своем намерении баллотироваться в Попечительский совет Фонда Викимедиа в качестве представителя тематических групп и групп пользователей? / How do you notify (or plan to notify) the community about your intention to run for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a representative of thematic groups and user groups? --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 09:57, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hi again @Рөстәм Нурыев:, I know many leaders and representatives of user groups and regional chapters. From your group I met in Berlin with Zuraf and Rishat in 2018 (in the photo I'm with Zuraf, say hello to him from me). I will keep in touch with these communities via mail, various messengers, by phone, on social medias and of course on Wikiprojects. About my candidacy, I notified almost everyone in Berlin at the Wiki Summit. Further, I will notify all the others affiliations about my candidacy in social media and by mail.
- Привет @Рөстәм Нурыев:, я знаю многих лидеров и представителей групп пользователей и региональных организаций Викимедиа. Например, из вашей группы я встретился в Берлине с Зурафом и Ришатом в 2018г. (на фото я с Зурафом, передайте ему привет от меня). Поддерживать связь буду как и все классическими методами: через почту, разные мессенджеры, по телефону, в социальных сетях и конечно в Википроектах.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 16:49, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
Tell us your achievementsEdit
Thank you for being a candidate and for introducing yourself. In your statement you talk about many things that needs to be done and what you are going to do if you are chosen. I would like you to tell us what you already did to achieve those things that you care so much. Can you show us the impact of your work? What did you do to support our editing communities? What did you do to help volunteers to do their work promoting our movement? What did you do to promote that volunteers could work together as equals in a transparent manner or to promote transparency? What did you do to make our community grow? Thanks in advance. --Jalu (talk) 02:13, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hello @Jaluj: Hi. Frst of all I want to thank you for your question that will enrich my statement. For my part, since 2014 I have always been part of a team that organized all the biggest contests that exist such as WLE, WLAF, WLM, Gender gap in the consulate of Sweden .... etc. I even made expeditions with photographers and editors in some of the most remote places. The impact was the increase of the North African content on the internet. Of course I am going through the workshops that I organize in Algeria as in Russia to get new contributors. I have even participated in a UNESCO event to advocate the Wikimedia movement in general (the video).
- But the most important achievement that I have made is without a doubt the MOOC in Arabic that had more than 10000 new users registered on our platform and who could learn how to write Wikipedia articles (without grants, all of these is by finding the right persons to do the work). I am sure that this work is the biggest work in the Arabic language in the whole history of Wikipedia.
- With my team I am currently preparing a second edition of this arabic wiki MOOC that will bring even more people. In addition to a MOOC in Berber languages that will help us to create new projects for new editors and contributors. With the Wikimedia user groups in Russia we work on a teaching material that explains how to edit wikipedia for Russian students that will be released very soon in the Rostov region.
- For the transparency, I am always neutral and I invite everyone to participate.
- The proof can be found on my category. For more transparency I have put my candidacy duringin the first days to allow everyone to ask me as many questions as they want because I am very open and transparent, and I have nothing to hide. Thank you for this great question!.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 12:13, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
only two endorsementsEdit
I just reverted the third endorsement: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Nominations/Reda_Kerbouche&type=revision&diff=19060816&oldid=19060414&diffmode=source - only two endorsements per candidate. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 15:44, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
AFFCOM and empty seatEdit
Four months ago, you won the election to AFFCOM telling us that you will bring experience in community building and that your goal will be to help diverse communities to organize themselves and work in the Wikimedia movement, so I want to know why did you change your mind? Something happened that you've had enough with that position? In case you win this election, will you resign your position at the AFFCOM? If you resign, the Committee will call to new elections or your seat will remain empty? In case you don't win these elections, do you intend to keep your position at the AFCOM? The elections in AFCOM will depend on your winning or not a new seat in these elections? Did you ask people working at AFFCOM how will they feel working with you knowing that you wanted to be on the Board and not in AFFCOM? Are they all going to be waiting for the results to know if the AFFCOM calls for elections or not? Or do you plan to give up AFFCOM before you can run for the Board?--SylvestreJordan (talk) 18:47, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- @SylvestreJordan:. You posted a duplicate question. You can read the answer by Reda here: Talk:Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Nominations/Reda_Kerbouche#Jumping_from_AffCom_to_the_BoT? Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 12:57, 3 May 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you, @Ad Huikeshoven: I will try to put more details in my answer. It may help to understand.
- Hi @SylvestreJordan:, yes quite true, and I intend to do my job without fail as I am doing currently, and I will not stop doing it. If I become a member of the board I could do more, because as you knew all committees are related to the board.
- As I answered above I have no reason to leave the AffCom because I like this committee, but I will do more for the movement by becoming a member of the board. However, when I have applied to join the Affcom as a member, I was not aware about the novelties of the board elections, mainly the introduction of User Groups in the voting process.
- If the community selects me, I will resign from AffCom, if I am not selected I will continue to contribute to my level in the AffCom. I do not know what will become my position in the AffCom, maybe the AffCom will decide to take a new member or not.
- I do not see where the problem with my colleges is because it is a personal choice that I made. if I am nominating I will always be in relation with the AffCom because we work all together. I can tell you that my colleagues from AffCom are some of the best colleagues I've ever had.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 17:13, 3 May 2019 (UTC)