Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/ssgapu22
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
I'm contributing in in Odia Wikipedia (My All Wiki Works), Wikisource, Commons Wikimedia since 2014.
- I’ve contributed in Nabakalebara edit-a-thon in 2015 and then in 2016 participated in Rathajatra edit-a-thon where I created the highest nubmer of articles.
- In 2016 Wikipedia Asia Month edit-a-thon, I have created 4 artilces and in 2017 WAM edit-a-thon I have created 22 articles and lised in the 2017 Ambassadors list.
- I’ve participated in Intenational Women’s Month edit-a-thon in 2017 and created 23 articles.
- I have been contributing to the 100wikidays challenge since March 8 2017.
- 1st round: 100wikiwomensday- https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ssgapu22/100WikiWomenDays
- 2nd round: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ssgapu22/100wikidays(2nd_Challenge)
- 3rd round: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ssgapu22/100wikidays(3rd_Challenge)
- 4th round: Continuing- https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ssgapu22/100wikidays(4th_Challenge)
- Notable works:
- Odishar smaraniya sikshak brunda: https://or.wikisource.org/s/qr
- ମାଣବସା ଲକ୍ଷ୍ମୀ ପୁରାଣ (Manabasa Laxmi Purana): https://or.wikisource.org/s/1fk
- ସାବିତ୍ରୀ ଓଷା (Sabitri Osha): https://or.wikisource.org/s/21x
- ସୁଦଶା ବ୍ରତ (Sudasha Brata): https://or.wikisource.org/s/565
- ରାଧାଷ୍ଟମୀ ବ୍ରତ (Radhastami Brata): https://or.wikisource.org/s/5jm
- ବଜ୍ର ମହାକାଳୀ ବ୍ରତ ଓ ଫୁଲେରୀ ଓଷା କଥା (Bajra Mahakali Brata & Phuleri Osha Katha): https://or.wikisource.org/s/6cc
- ଶ୍ରୀ ଶାରଳା ସ୍ତୁତି (Sri Sarala Stuti): https://or.wikisource.org/s/6bz
- ମନବୋଧ ଚଉତିଶା (Manabodha Chautisha): https://or.wikisource.org/s/6j6
- ଓଡ଼ିଶା ଇତିହାସ (Odisha Itihasa): [Full proof reading] https://or.wikisource.org/s/32d
- ଆମ ଦେବଦେବୀ (Ama Debadebi): [Full proof reading] https://or.wikisource.org/s/2
- ମଧୁ ବର୍ଣ୍ଣବୋଧ (Madhu Barnabodha): [Partial proof reading] https://or.wikisource.org/s/1ze
- ଖୁଦୁରୁକୁଣୀ ଓଷା (Khudurukuni Osha): [Half Edit] https://or.wikisource.org/s/56m
- Short stories:
- 100wikidays (started from 5th December 2017): https://or.wikisource.org/s/77e
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- I started working for Odia Wikipedia and Wikisource since 2014 and continued working on several projects, but I have to borrow the laptop from my sister for my works.
- After shifting to Bangalore, I don’t the laptop now, so I have to borrow the laptop from my friends. But it’s not available at the time of my works.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- If I get this opportunity, then I would be able to participate in more wiki projects like 100wikidays and other edit-a-thons.
- Now I’m continuing my 100wikidays work for Wikipedia and Wikisource simultaneously and aiming for a 500wikidays in both the projects.
- I could involve me more in proofreading of Wikisource.
- I could add the updated data of some person or about the movies regularly to make an article meaningful and attractive.
- A laptop could help me to get more data about some article as per mine time.
- At the time of uploading some photos to commons, I could edit some clicks to make it a better one.
- In Odia Wikipedia, there are a number of articles about dinosaur created by bot, I have planned to improve them by translating from English wikipedia.
- I’m planning to active in the wikinews in Odia.
Community discussion and endorsementsEdit
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong Support He is very active contributor on Odia wikipedia --Aliva Sahoo (talk) 23:40, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Tireless contributor & good guy. — Tulsi Bhagat (talk) 05:23, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support His contribution is enormous. --Radhadwibedi (talk) 05:38, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 07:31, 9 February
- Very active contributor who creates multiple useful articles on a daily basis. A laptop would boost his edits even further. -Prateek Pattanaik (talk) 08:51, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support for his contribution to Odia language projects.--Nizil Shah (talk) 12:03, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- I know him from #100Wikidays and think he does excellent work. --Kritzolina (talk) 14:41, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
acagastya 17:31, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 17:12, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Very active wikimedian . Must get support. --Hellohappy (talk) 05:15, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support He has been a very pertinent contributor, a community leader, and team player for a considerable time. Being an avid Twitter user, has been promoting Odia Wikimedia projects on Twitter as well. This support will help him contribute even more. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 05:27, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--Aditya Mahar (talk) 12:21, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support DashNistha (talk) 12:37, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--Ajaybanbi (talk) 08:00, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 05:37, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sugeesh (talk) 18:18, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- I Support him for his contributions in Odia Wikipedia and Odia Wikisource. I hope laptop support will boost his contributions in other Odia Wiki projects too. --Nirajan pant (talk) 09:43, 28 February 2018 (UTC)