Wikimedians around the world, and contributors to the network of sister projects, would benefit from a long-term strategy for the projects.
This is a page for developing such a strategy, for the movement. It complements the organizational plans developed by the WMF and many chapters, which tend to have 5- to 10-year horizons.
The process used in 2009 attracted creative ideas and active participation from thousands of people. Something lighter weight but similarly collaborative could be tried now, without trying to squeeze the result into a traditional 'five-year plan' document.
Movement strategy 2010-2015Edit
This covered for instance how effectively the movement is reaching and empowering new people around the world, how well it is providing knowledge, and how balanced its contributors are. See the Wikimedia Movement Strategic Plan Summary for details. Some key Questions about our strategy were also developed.
No separate long-term strategy was developed for the WMF. Many excellent ideas raised on the strategy wiki didn't fit into the strategy document format or constraints. Some of them were later revisited or implemented, but many were not. Parts of the work on the strategy wiki was later migrated back to Meta.
WMF and movement strategies, 2015+Edit
Wikimedia organization strategiesEdit
|WMHK||Development Plan, from 2009|
|WMDE||Kompass 2020 (en, de), from 2009|
|WMAU||Strategic Plan, endorsed by members at 2011 AGM.|
|AmicalWM||Amical Wikimedia 2014-2018 Strategic Plan.|
|WMSV||Wikimedia Sverige Strategy for 2013-2016 and Report for 2013.|
|WMAT||Strategie 2012-2014 (de, en), from 2012|
|WMNL||Strategie 2013-2015 (en, nl), from 2012|
|WMUK||2013–18 five year plan|
|WMPL||Mission and strategy (2016)|
|WMHU||2013 Programme Plan|
|WMIL||Wikimedia Israel/Strategic Planning (Hebrew)|
|WMF||Annual plan discussion 2013-14. 2016 WMF Strategy - an ongoing medium-term WMF strategy consultation.|
Tech strategy and roadmapsEdit
Project strategy and roadmapsEdit
Everyone is welcome to participate and edit these pages. Add your name below if you're following or engaging here, and what aspects you'd like to help with.
- Alleycat80 (talk) - Would like to help with getting the ball rolling on a new strategy consultation and eventually compiling a new version that's going to provide Movement inspiration moving forward.
- Pete F (talk)
- John Vandenberg (talk) 21:33, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 04:04, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
- –SJ talk 05:55, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
- --Ymblanter (talk) 20:35, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
- __Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 21:05, 26 February 2016 (UTC) Contribute Business_Model_Canvas Value Proposition Design, analyses of customer segments, empathy mapping for example
- — Omni Flames (talk contribs) 07:05, 30 March 2016 (UTC)