Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Sakha
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Sakha|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||sah (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Sakha||Language name in English|
|Language name||саха||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34299 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Биики Домох||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Yakutsk||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
The Sakha language is the official language in the Republic of Sakha - the region of the Russian Federation. It has developed fiction and theater, and feature films. Language is taught in primary and secondary schools. The language of Sakha is successfully developing Wikipedia. --HalanTul (talk) 13:18, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support A good Turkic language. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:30, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support The test project is relatively new, but shows healthy signs. If it keeps its current activity level, it should be approvable within a few months. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 13:44, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support Best activity level more that four month. --Kaganer (talk) 11:29, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Айсар (talk) 07:43, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sakha wiki-comminity is one of very active in Russia and world--Kaiyr (talk) 03:33, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support. SakhaWP shows best new user registration stats among other WPs in the regional languages of Russia & contributing into Wikiquote is easier for new users than WP.--Frhdkazan (talk) 12:11, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support --З. ӘЙЛЕ (talk) 04:48, 25 May 2018 (UTC)