Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Western Balochi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Western Balochi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bgn (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Western Baluchi||Language name in English|
|Language name||رخشانین بلوچی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12645561 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||RTL||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||ویکیپیڈیا||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||ویکیپیڈیا||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||ویکیپیڈیا حبر و گپ||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-bgn.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favourEdit
Hello! this language ( bgn) , language of Rakhshani baloch speakers in Pakistan , Afghanistan, Iran, Turkmenistan ,Tajikistan and other countries .A language of Pakistan. --Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 08:07, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
Regions and place where people speaking with this languageEdit
ISO 639-3: bgn
- Population1,116,000 in Pakistan (1998). Population total all countries:
- RegionNorthwestern Balochistan Province. Also spoken in Afghanistan, Iran,
- Tajikistan, Turkmenistan.
- Alternate names Baluchi, Baloci, Baluci
- DialectsRakhshani (Raxshani), Sarawani. Strongly influenced by Fars, but
- not intelligible with Farsi.
- ClassificationIndo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Western, Northwestern,
- Language developmentLiteracy rate in first language: 1% to 5%. Literacy
- rate in second language: 5% to 15%. Urdu script; Arabic script in
- Afghanistan. Newspapers. Radio programs. Bible portions: 1984.
- CommentsBalochi is the official spelling in Pakistan. It has a small body of literature.
--Also spoken in--:
- Language name Balochi, Western
- Population200,000 in Afghanistan (1979).
- RegionAlong Helmand River and Zaranj area, in the southwest desert region.
- Alternate names Baluchi, Baluci, Baloci
- DialectsRakhshani (Raxshani).
- Language developmentLiteracy rate in first language: 5% to 10%. Literacy
- rate in second language: 15% to 25%.
- CommentsLargely nomadic.
- Language name Balochi, Western
- Population451,000 in Iran (1986).
- RegionNorthern Sistan va Baluchistan Province. Half are settled in cities
- and villages, half are nomadic.
- Alternate names Baluchi, Baluci, Baloci
- DialectsRakhshani (Raxshani), Sarawani.
- Language useFew speak Farsi.
- CommentsDistinct from Eastern and Southern Balochi. Ethnic group:
- Language name Balochi, Western
- Population28,000 in Turkmenistan (1993).
- Alternate names Baloci, Baluchi, Baluci
- Language useTurkmen is used as the literary language in Turkmenistan.
- CommentsDistinct from Eastern and Southern Balochi.
Entries from the SIL Bibliography about this language: Academic Publications
- Farrell, Timothy. 1989. A study of ergativity in Balochi.
- Farrell, Timothy. 1995. "Fading ergativity? A study of ergativity in Balochi."
- Hallberg, Daniel G. 1992. Pashto, Waneci, Ormuri.
- Sabir, A. Razzak. 2003. "Language contact in Balochistan (with special
- reference to Balochi and Brahui)."
- Buni kitaab. 1987.
Gordon, Raymond G., Jr. (ed.), 2005. Ethnologue: Languages of the World, URL: http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=bgn --Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 08:07, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
You can read about bgn western balochi ( Rakhshani Balochi) here:  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  , , . Baloch Afghanistan (talk) 23:04, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
- There's only minor differences in the various dialects of Balochi language. I recommend there should be only one Standard Balochi Language Wikipedia (bal). That will prevent the contributions and community from dividing and work of contributors will concentrated to only one project.--Irfan Arshad (talk) 03:51, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- I support this language Baloch Afghanistan (talk) 23:04, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
- Support Western Balochi.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 20:54, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
- Support --Mjbmr (discussion • contribs) 09:27, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Strong Support Great Balochistan (talk) 21:08, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Sarm-Baloch (talk) 18:59, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Doostdar (talk) 16:30, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Gire 3pich2005 (talk) 18:52, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Белуджский язык (talk) 19:37, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support very active--Kaiyr (talk) 05:18, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Strongly recommended and full Support --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 14:26, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support--UsmanKhan (talk) 19:40, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- Support 01:25, 18 May 2015 (UTC)~
- full & Strong Support--عثمان منصور انصاري (talk) 17:18, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
Support Samee (talk) 12:07, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Muzammil (talk) 10:00, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Abaseen wafadar (talk) 14:27, 3 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Koroğlu (talk) 18:56, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Bal.Och (talk) 17:45, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support--چنگیزخان (talk) 23:45, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- Support-- balouch people are 20 to 30 milions people and they dont have their wiki and balouchi is very rich langauge pleeas help to them.lrc lori (talk) 17:08, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
- full & Strong Support-- very need to make this wikipedia Lurvand (talk) 14:26, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
- Support--this wikipedia is active and have 5,097 article hosseinblu (talk)
- Support Western Balochi is one of the most important and populous Iranian Languages. -- Hamid Hassani (talk) 09:14, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- Very Strong Support-- The test wiki has 6,786 awesomeshit articles almost going up to 7,000!!! Fuck yeah!!!! --CasetteTapeMaster (talk) 19:08, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support This wiki has grown well in Incubator by now. --Doostdar (talk) 05:12, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support Wikipedia need to make Baluchi branch. Ταπυροι (گپ) 12:16, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support --RAChitrali 05:51, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Mahammad tt (talk) 21:48, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose : I don't think each dialect should have a project of its own. There should be a single Baluchi Wikipedia for all these dialects at bal.wikipedia.org. I have read that there are only minimal differences so the community should discuss what should be the literary version of the language.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 07:11, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose I did not notice earlier that there is another request for another dialect of Balochi. Therefore, I oppose it and support single Balochi Wikipedia. Samee (talk) 05:09, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose Per Satdeep Gill's argument. We already have lots of similar issues for existing Wikipedia languages related to Iran. For example azb is a dialect of az not another language Amir (talk) 20:51, 16 September 2015 (UTC)
Why we want balochi language wikipedia?Edit
About Balochi LanguageEdit
Balochi language belongs to Northwestern Iran. This language is the principle language of the Baloch of Balochistan, Pakistan, southern Afghanistan and eastern Iran. The normal word order of Balochi language is Subject Object Verb and the language is split ergativity. Country Where Spoken Iran, (Sistan, Kerman, Baam etc), Oman, (Salala, Musqat, Matrah,)Pakistan(Balochistan, Makran, Saravan, Jhalvan, Derajat, Lasbila, Quetta, ect Punjab, DG Khan, Multan, Muzafar Garh,etc, Sindh, Karachi, Haydarabad, Sakkar,etc), India,(Rajhistan, Gujarat, Uttar Perdish, Marashtra) Afhanistan, Nimroz, Hilmand, Kandhar, Turkmenistan,( Mari,Ashkabad) Kenya, (Mumbasa,) Sari Linka,UAE, Qatar, Behrain, Kuwite, Official Language of Balochistan Region Afghanistan, Iran, Oman, Turkmenistan, Pakistan Alternate Names Baluchi, Baloci, Baluci, balochi Total Speakers 8,252,000 Language Family Balochi, Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Iranian, Northwestern Iranian, Western Iranian Writing Style Nastaleeq Arabic Script Dialects The Balochi language is divided in several dialects: Eastern Balochi, Western Balochi, Northern Balochi and Southern Balochi. Each of these dialects are divided in sub-dialects. For example Rakhshani and its subdialects: Kalati, Afshani Panjguri and Sarhaddi), Saravani, Lashari, Kechi, Coastal Dialects, and Eastern Hill Balochi.
-Western or Rakhshani-
- Sarhaddi Rakhshani
- Afghan Rakhshani
- Turkmen Rakhshani
- Panjguri Rakhshani
- Kalati Rakhshani
-Eastern or Suleimani Dialect-
- Bugti (Bambore Dialect)
- Marri-Rindh (Sibi Dialect)
- Mazari (Upper Sindh, DG Khan Region Dialect)
- Mandwani & Jatoi Dialects of Western Sindh Region
Balochi language is spoken in Balochistan as regional language. It is also spoken in north west part of Iranand southern Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Oman. Balochi is very close to Kurdish language which is spoken in Northwestern Iran. Balochi was not written language before 19th century. Balochi adopted Urdu Arabic script for written purposes. Its writting script is also close to pashto language. Also we are specialist in providing certified professional Balochi translation services in all major Countries of world including USA, UK, Canada, and all other Countries. We do Balochi translate all kind of letters and documents in almost all languages. We have expert Balochi translators, Balochi interpreters from all languages including English,Pashto,Kashmeeri,Punjabi,Sindhi,Farsian,Arabic,Brahovi,Hazargi,Dari,Chinese,Urdu and many other languages. Great Balochistan (talk) 21:52, 13 February 2015 (UTC)