Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Rinconada
Rinconada Bikol WikipediaEdit
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Rinconada|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bto (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Rinconada Bikol||Language name in English|
|Language name||Rinconada Bikol||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12633026 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Filipinayzd (NP), FroyPB (NP), Jusan Villaflor Misolas (NP), Rinconada (NP), Ogaog (NP), Maffeth.opiana (NP)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Ethnologue Report on Iriga Bicolano, Rinconada Bikol-Filipino-English phrasebook by Lobel and Bucad|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Rinconada Bikol is the predominant language of the fourth district of Camarines Sur, Bicol Region (Region V) in the Philippines. With over 234,000 speakers, it is the third-largest Bicolano language. I think a Wikipedia for Rinconada Bikol would be very much feasible.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Weak support It would be good to have this one here at Wikimedia but there are so few speakers, I'll doubt that this will be even active. -- Felipe Aira 13:25, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support since Philippines languages have all been successful so far, the country is well connected to the net and the nation's residents seem to be very enthusiastic about their local languages, theres no reason to think this one wont be successful too!Qrc2006 18:02, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Suppport Willy2000 14:00, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
- Support Mk32 23:47, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 08:24, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support I am for the creation of Rinconada Bikol edition of Wikipedia. The language is now being used in the academe through the Mother Tongue-based Multi-lingual Education program of Department of Education. --Rinconada (talk) 04:56, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- Support I believe that this is overdue and hoping the language committee guide the proponents on the remaining requirements for this project to be hatched from the incubator. --Exec8 (talk) 13:23, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Support I have firm belief that this project has the potential to survive. As I mentioned years ago, if a community can be mustered, I will support the creation of this project. It seems that so far, we're already past that bridge, and I'd like to congratulate the people involved for their efforts. --Sky Harbor (talk) 23:33, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
If Filipinayzd can muster a community for Rinconada Bikol as he did for Standard Bikol, then I would be willing to give my support for this project. --Sky Harbor 07:44, 12 November 2007 (UTC)Moving to support. --Sky Harbor (talk) 23:34, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- I already contacted a friend of mine who is a native speaker of Rinconada. Hopefully he would participate. Starczamora 06:46, 20 November 2007 (UTC)