Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Awadhi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Awadhi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||awa (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Awadhi||Language name in English|
|Language name||अवधी||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q29579 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
- Total native speakers:4,397,400 
- Where spoken?: Awadh region (South-West Nepal, Fiji and North India)
Arguments in favor of the Awadhi WikipediaEdit
- I Support this Language-Awadhi is Spoken by more than 3 million people in the world .Its mostly spoken by the people living in Awadh region of India.The people speaking Awadhi language in 2,530,000 in India as per 2001 census and 561,000 in Nepal (2001 census) which is increasing. (The 2001 census of Nepal does not distinguish between the Awadhi and Bhojpuri languages in the Rupandehi and Nawalparasi districts. Speakers of Dehati ,alternate name for Avadhi in the Kailali and Kanchanpur district were not included in the 2001 census).There are many people living in Fiji ,Mauritius and other countries.Literacy rate among Awadhi people is 50%–75%.The Hindu epic literature RamaCharitManas by TulsiDas is in Awadhi.There are several Poetries ,Magazines and Newspapers.New media in India and Nepal air several programme on Awadhi Language. Videos of Folk Song and Interviews on Awadhi Language are Available on Youtube.The Holy Bible has been already translated in Awadhi Language.There are a wide range of people in India,Nepal,fiji and Mauritius who speak Awadhi Language.This Language carries a long history of Literary,Goswami TulsiDas wrote Ramcharitmanas in Awadhi Language in 15th Century which is noticed recorded literary work in Awadhi Language.
- Support : A native speaker of the Awadhi language has the ability and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Awadhi language deserves to be given the opportunity to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Indian languages such as Nepali, Bhojpuri and Newari etc. Nevertheless more native Awadhi speakers would need to come and participate in this test Wikipedia in order for it to fulfill the criteria for final approval. --Jose77 (talk) 02:07, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support : I support this language because it have good number of speakers in India and Nepal. बिप्लब आनन्द (talk) 07:22, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support : As per above. --Muzammil (talk) 08:49, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support : I support for a separate Awadhi Wikipedia because It is one of the oldest language in India spoken cross the globe. The language is ranked 29th in the List of languages by number of native speakers in World. I strongly support for Awadhi Wikipedia.--Jeeteshvaishya (talk) 09:23, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- support: It can add more people with internet.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 10:46, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- support: i support over all the reasonAmt000 (talk) 12:17, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support Awadhi Wikipedia will be a great chance for native speakers to have their presence felt on the Internet.--Hindust@niक्या करें? बातें! 13:45, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
- ::अवधी भाषा में महत्वपूर्ण साहित्य मिलता है। मलिक मोहम्मद जायसी का पद्मावत और गोस्वामी तुलसीदास का रामचरित मानस अवधी में ही लिखा गया है। अवधी विकिपीडिया के बनने से अवधी के हजारों ग्रंथ और अवधी का इतिहास उपलब्ध कराया जा सकता है। अवधी विकिपीडिया के लिए मैं जोरदार समर्थन करता हूँ।--Dr.jagdish (talk) 06:52, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- Awdhi language has a considerable number of native speakers
- It has a good tradition of literary works and people belonging this language have added considerable amount of cultural influence to the region where it is being spoken
- It has ability to attract more people to wikipedia projects.
- Strong Support : As per above reason.Mala chaubey (talk) 12:47, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- Strong Support : it's because it has million of native speaker with own grammar and literature .Azzay pandey (talk)
support awadhi very badly
- Wholeheartedly Support : One of the most historically notable languages in Northern India with a long literary history. According to ethnologue the language has over 3 million speakers and between 50-75% of the speaking population is literate in the language, the project should definitely exist as its own Wikipedia, according to the stats the project is gaining momentum, and the various articles are consistently in the Devanagari script, this project definitely has great potential to flourish. Abrahamic Faiths (talk) 16:37, 9 January 2015 (UTC)
- Support It is one of the oldest language of India and Nepal and has large Speaking population who can volunteer at this Wikipedia.-Sambhu Nath Kailashi (talk) 11:01, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
- Support Awadhi have very active community and large number of speaker.There should be an Awadhi version of Wikipedia.-Surendra Mani Tripathi (talk) 04:25, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- 'Strongly Support': the number of articles in this test wikipedia is OVER 1000 now, i think it SHOULD BE created. In addition, the test wiki need it's own logo.--el caballero de los Leones (talk) 10:28, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support: yes there should be a wikipedia for this language... awaiting result now...Sushilmishra (talk) 05:53, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
- Support: Awadhi being a prominent language spoken in two nations; India and Nepal by many native speakers today surely needs a Wikipedia. It currently is less promoted by the state government of Uttar Pradesh where majority of the native language speakers live. Wikipedia could surely be a great platform for all those who are eager to contribute and share knowledge in their language. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 07:27, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
- Awadhi Wikipedia is popular in Awadhi speaking community of India and Nepal.I support this language .It should get its own wikipedia.-Mohit Mani Tripathi (talk) 08:28, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 11:53, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
- I support the project. Almost all most-used interface messages have been localised, and this wiki shows permanent activity every month. The big number of native speakers is one more good reason to open the wiki. --Ghiutun 15:22, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 14:00, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support--Saroj Uprety (talk) 12:49, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support Rubbish computer (Talk: Contribs) 15:28, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support for this language. This language have millions of native speakers, historical literature of Goswami TulsidasAmir KhusrowMalik Muhammad Jayasi etc.
And this language is also active on Wikimedia Incubator.
- Strong support for this language. This language have millions of native speakers. Very hard request to give final approval for this language.
Simple models of writing Awadhi language in Devanagari script in WikipediaEdit
अवधी विकिपीडिया मे आप कै स्वागत अहै।
- 100% of the most-used interface messages have been localised into Awadhi.
- 100% of the message texts of Wikimedia Mobile Interface have been localised in Awadhi language.