Requests for new languages/Wikinews Malay
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikinews Malay|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ms (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Malay||Language name in English|
|Language name||Bahasa Melayu||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9237 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Izzudin (NP) Adikhebat (N) Putera Luqman Tunku Andre (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikiberita||"Wikinews" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikiberita||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Perbincangan Wikiberita||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kuala Lumpur||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Malay version of Wikinews should be opened as to favour the 14,904,000 or more Malay-speaking internet users.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support Support Support the creation--Adikhebat 13:38, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Support I strongly support the forming of Malay Wikinews. — Didie 17:17, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Support --Ilaria - scrivimi 18:57, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Support I support it very strongly. — Imran Al-Sahih 09:31, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Support Azmi1995 02:43, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support Support TracySurya 04:49, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 05:01, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support Hariadhi 13:26, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support Meursault2004 04:17, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support Matema 08:06, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support Master2841 15:41, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Support Strong Support --Digimon Adventure 03:15, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- Support Very strong support It must have Malay Wikinews. It's my languages. Md. Farhan 04:45, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support Strong supprt ...26 Ramadan... 00:29, 3 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support Very Strong Support Malay Wikipedian approves! --SyahirSQRT2 (talk) 02:49, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- Support Support --5662595lai (talk) 14:43, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Support Support Willy2000 (talk) 00:00, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose--Reality006 23:13, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- I want to ask Reality006. Why he can't support to create Malay Wikinews? Md. Farhan 04:47, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- Currently 99.81% of the MediaWiki messages and 94.67% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 11:14, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 99.96% of the MediaWiki messages and 80.82% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 22:36, 17 February 2009 (UTC)