Requesting wiki configuration changes/eo
|←Requests and proposals||Requesting wiki configuration changes|
Jen iuj oftaj petoj:
- Changing user rights
- Enabling or disabling local uploads
- Changing the project logo
- Translation of namespaces
How to request a change
In order to get a configuration variable or setting changed on your project:
- Figure out what you want changed;
- Gather local on-wiki community consensus for the change;
- Start a discussion at the community portal, village pump, or other major discussion venue, and give time for a consensus to develop.
- Make sure everything necessary to make the change is decided upon. For example, new user groups will usually need to be addable/removable by certain groups of local users (not just global Stevardoj) - usually this could be granted to either admins or bureaucrats. (If your wiki does not have any local admins or bureaucrats, any user rights changes need to be done via a steward; see Steward requests/Permissions.)
- Wikis that do not have any local admins/bureaucrats are probably too small for a new user group, see Limoj pri ŝanĝoj de agordoj, section "Special groups on small wikis").
- In the case of a very small and low-activity community, it should be enough to show that you have tried to gain consensus, and that you have given an opportunity for objections.
- File a ticket (preferably in English) in Wikimedia's bug tracker, under the "Wikimedia-Site-requests" project tag. (See mw:Phabricator/Help for more information about Wikimedia's task tracker.)
- Set the project tag "Wikimedia-Site-requests" for the project.
- Be sure that the ticket includes a URL to the local on-wiki consensus, preferably using a permanent link (click the "Permanent link" link in the toolbox, which should make the URL end in &oldid=...); the URL should go in the main "description" box;
Gaining on-wiki consensus and filing a task does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled. Ultimate authority lies with the system administrators, and site configuration requests may be declined for any reason, including but not limited to the following: to protect the Wikimedia Founding principles and core values, to protect the integrity of a project, because performance issues or because fulfilling the request would include deploying an extension that was discontinued.
If you want to try fixing such a request yourself, please follow the manual and give it a try!