Mahatma Gandhi 2020 edit-a-thon
Mahatma Gandhi 2020 edit-a-thon is a mini edit-a-thon that is to be conducted on 2 and 3 October 2020. The objective of this edit-a-thon is to improve content related to Mahatma Gandhi on any Wikimedia project. Any Wikimedian, with a registered Wikimedia account, can take part in this Wiki-event.
|Mahatma Gandhi 2020 edit-a-thon|
|Begins||2 October 2020|
|Ends||3 October 2020|
For this particular mini-edit-a-thon contribution should be made between 2 October 2020 00:01 hours and 3 October 2020 23:59 hours (or in other words anytime on 2 and 3 October 2020).
This is an online event. All contribution will be made online or through remote participation. No on-ground event is planned.
Please find content related to Mahatma Gandhi on any Wikimedia project such as Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikiquote etc and make some improvement. These are some contribution you can make:
- Create a Wikipedia article on or directly related to Mahatma Gandhi. You will get some article idea at en:Template:Mahatma Gandhi or en:Category:Mahatma Gandhi. You may also use recommend.wmflabs.org for an article idea.
- Expand a Wikipedia article directly related to Mahatma Gandhi (or you can copyedit, add reliable references, fix typos, add relevant images etc.)
- Create Wikidata items or improve Wikidata items related to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Upload or improve images on Wikimedia Commons. Please see photos in gallery Mohandas K. Gandhi and in Category:Mohandas K. Gandhi (please also see numerous subcategories). Other than uploading images, you may improve image details such as improving description, writing image descriptions in your native languages, adding/improving structured data etc.
- Proofread any page related to Mahatma Gandhi on Wikisource.
- Add or improve quotes on Wikiquotes.
- Think your own on any Wikimedia project.
Note: All edits must follow a project's and the community's policies and guidelines. Please consider making a high-quality contribution.
- Please add your username below. Please also include the project names you worked on. You may add the project names after completion of your work also.
This is not a competition, but more like a celebration, and a remembrance. We do not have any target of NN number of articles to be created or expanded, or BB bytes to be added. The idea is to make some contribution. Some small appreciations will be sent to some of the top contributors to this event.
Note: This token of appreciation can be sent only to Wikimedians in India.
- Mahatma Gandhi speech at Delhi on 11 December 1947 (on God, religion, Islam) (help | download | file info)
Find more audios on Wikimedia Commons
Find more videos on Wikimedia Commons
Special note: Please write your username below. Please mention only those projects with language name where you will work on during the edit-a-thon. We'll check your contribution on the mentioned projects only. You may change the projects during/after the edit-a-thon.
- User:Example, Tamil Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons
- Rajeeb (talk) 11:52, 25 September 2020 (UTC), Structure data on Wikimedia Commons
- Bhuvana Meenakshi (talk) 13:33, 25 September 2020 (UTC) , Wikidata,Wikimedia Commons
- Sangram Keshari Senapati (talk) 14:12, 25 September 2020 (UTC), Odia Wikipedia, Wikidata
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 14:41, 25 September 2020 (UTC) Santali Wikipedia, odia wikipedia, Wikidata
- Brihaspati (talk), Gujarati Wikipedia, Gujarati Wikiquote
- Raju Jangid (talk) 06:06, 26 September 2020 (UTC) Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons and WikiSource
- Gill jassu (talk) 11:03, 26 September 2020 (UTC) punjabi wikipedia,wikisource
- ਲਵਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੱਧੂ ਗੱਲਬਾਤ 11:05, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- Nitesh Gill (talk), Punjabi Wikipedia
- Kasyap (talk) 14:36, 27 September 2020 (UTC) Wikipedia, Wikidata, and WikiSource
- ❙❚❚❙❙ GnOeee ❚❙❚❙❙ ✉ - Wikidata, Malayalam Wikipedia
- Rajasekhar1961 (talk) 17:44, 27 September 2020 (UTC) Wikicommons, Wikisource, Wikipedia and Wikidata
- Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 14:50, 28 September 2020 (UTC),Punjabi Wikipedia, Wikisource
- Vijay Barot, Gujarati Wikipedia, commons and Gujarati WikiSource.
- J. Ansari Talk 17:20, 28 September 2020 (UTC) - hi.wiki
- দিব্য দত্ত (talk) 18:35, 28 September 2020 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia
- Yousufdeen (talk) 19:17, 28 September 2020 (UTC) Tamil Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wikiquote
- Sushant savla (talk) 03:50, 29 September 2020 (UTC) Gujarati Wikipedia, Gujarati Wiki source
- Nilesh shukla (talk) 06:52, 29 September 2020 (UTC) Hindi Wikipedia, Wikidata
- Pankaj Deo (Talk) 07:13, 29 September 2020 (UTC),Maithili Wikipedia
- Satdeep Gill (talk) 07:36, 29 September 2020 (UTC) - English Wikisource - Hind Swaraj (1908)
- Nawaraj Ghimire (talk) 08:12, 29 September 2020 (UTC) Nepali Wikipedia
- Akbarali (talk) 08:43, 29 September 2020 (UTC) -Wikidata, Malayalam Wikipedia
- Ranjithsiji (talk) 09:28, 29 September 2020 (UTC) - Wikidata, Malayalam Wikipedia
- Sidheeq (talk) 12:41, 29 September 2020 (UTC) Wikidata, Malayalam Wikipedia
- KartikMistry (talk) 12:56, 29 September 2020 (UTC), Gujarati Wikipedia
- Hibayathullah (talk) 14:40, 29 September 2020 (UTC) Tamil Wikipedia
- Pranayraj Vangari (talk) |Contribs) 15:11, 29 September 2020 (UTC) Telugu Wikipedia
- K.Venkataramana (talk) 15:13, 29 September 2020 (UTC), Telugu wikipedia.
- ప్రభాకర్ గౌడ్ నోముల (talk) 15:28, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- *•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 17:54, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- Ahmed Nisar (talk) 19:36, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- Jagvir Kaur (talk) 02:21, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Bijendra Hansda Purudhul (talk) 11:59, 30 September 2020 (UTC) Santali Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons
- অজয় দাস (talk) 12:31, 30 September 2020 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia
- Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 04:54, 1 October 2020 (UTC) - Punjabi Wikipedia and Wikisource
- Janak Bhatta (talk) Doteli Wikipedia
- Fuad Jaleel --Fuadaj (talk 11:47, 1 October 2020 (UTC) Malayalam Wikipedia
- ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਵਿਰਦੀ (talk) 09:54, 1 October 2020 (UTC) - Punjabi Wikipedia and Wikisource
- Salil Kumar Mukherjee --Salil Kumar Mukherjee (talk) 17:24, 1 October 2020 (UTC) Bengali Wikisource
- Simranjeet Sidhu (talk) 23:03, 1 October 2020 (UTC) Punjabi Wikipedia and Wikisource
- টিটো দত্ত/Tito Dutta (কথা) 23:26, 1 October 2020 (UTC) Wikimedia Commons contribution
- ARYAN MURMU (talk) 02:00, 2 October 2020 (UTC) , Santali Wikipedia
- Md. Golam Mukit Khan (talk) 02:03, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Bengali Wikipedia
- Ramjit Tudu (talk) 03:11, 2 October 2020 (UTC), santali wikipedia, wikidata.
- --आर्या जोशी (talk) 04:02, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Marathi Wikipedia
- Nayan j Nath (talk) 04:40, 2 October 2020 (UTC), Assamese Wikipedia
- JyotiPN (talk) 05:29, 2 October 2020 (UTC), Assamese Wikipedia, Wikisource
- Chandan Chiring Phukon Let's chat 07:28, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia
- ঈশান জ্যোতি বৰা (talk) 13:19, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia
- Kuldhar Rabha (talk) 14:39, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia
- Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 16:50, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Malayalam Wikipedia
- Dugal harpreet (talk) 16:54, 2 October 2020 (UTC) Punjabi Wikipedia and Wikisource
- ৰাজদ্বীপ ৰাজবংশী (talk) 08:41, 3 October 2020 (UTC) Assamese Wikipedia
- Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 03:30, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- Nizil Shah (talk) 11:28, 3 October 2020 (UTC) English Wikipedia, Gujarati Wikipedia, Wikidata
- Gazal world (talk) 12:59, 3 October 2020 (UTC) Gujarati Wikipedia
- Sreenandhini (talk) 13:57, 3 October 2020 (UTC) Wikidata and Malayalam Wikipedia
- অনামিকা(চুমু) বড়া (talk) 20:32, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- --Hellohappy (talk) 05:12, 4 October 2020 (UTC) Odia Wikipedia, Hindi Wikipedia
- Charan Gill (talk) 07:13, 7 October 2020 (UTC) (pa:ਗਾਂਧੀਵਾਦੀ ਅਰਥ ਸ਼ਾਸਤਰ,pa:ਸੰਵਿਧਾਨ and pa:ਤਾਨਾ ਭਗਤ ਅੰਦੋਲਨ)
In this 2-day-long Mahatma Gandhi edit-a-thon, 61 Wikimedians showed interest to participate, and 42 Wikimedians made contributions to different Wikimedia projects. We have seen contributions from 11 Indian language communities— Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Nepali, Punjabi, Odia, Santali, Tamil and Telugu (and English).
On Wikisource, Wikilibrarians proofread pages of books related to Mahatma Gandhi. On Gujarati Wikisource User:Sushant savla proofread a book with 45 pages. On Punjabi Wikisource, User:Gill jassu worked on ਯਰਵਾਦਾ ਮੰਦਰ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਆਸ਼ਰਮ ਸਾਧਨਾਂ (English: Yarvaada Mandir Vichon Ashram Sadhana). On English Wikisource, User:Satdeep Gill worked on Hind Swaraj, a book written by Mahatma Gandhi.
On Wikipedia, around 150 articles have been created. The Assamese Wikipedia community performed really well and created 51 articles during this edit-a-thon. On Gujarati Wikipedia, a total of 43 articles were created out of which User:Sushant savla and User:Brihaspati created 14 articles each. On Malayalam Wikipedia, a total of 21 articles were created out of which User:Meenakshi nandhini created 17 articles. On Telugu wikipedia, a total of 23 articles were created out of which User:K.Venkataramana created 18 new articles and User:Kasyap created 5 new articles. On Odia Wikipedia User:Ssgapu22 created five articles. Marathi Wikipedian User:आर्या जोशी created two articles and expanded three articles. User:Simranjeet Sidhu created 16 articles on Punjabi Wikipedia.
We have also seen contributions on Wikimedia Commons. User:Vijay Barot uploaded 12 photos on Wikimedia Commons. A couple of editors uploaded pronunciation of words related to Mahatma Gandhi, different events of his life. On Wikidata 13 editors made more than 180 edits. The edits were mostly adding/modifying statements, adding labels/descriptions etc. User:Gnoeee made 62 edits on Wikidata.
For any query related to the event or couriering of the token gifts please contact the primary coordinator Nitesh (CIS-A2K).
- ↑ 4 Wikimedians who are members of the A2K team, but contributed in volunteer capacity have not been counted here.