Wikisource community in India had an Indic Wikisource Community consultation(IWCC) programme in Kolkata on November 24th and 25th. It was organized by CIS-A2K. Indic-Tech com was requested to take part in this event and help the Wikisource community in finxing the broken gadgets, creating new Java scripts which will help in Wikisource editing, creating new tools etc. During this event Indic-Tech com launched an OCR tool which was created User:Jayprakash12345. The following requests were made by the Wikisource community during the event.
To prepare a tool which will help show the number of pages proofread, validated etc by a user in a particular time. This tools will help our community to have a Proofread-a-thon and see and who has contributed more for the Proofread-a-thon. This tool will also help the community members to look at their own contribution and bost up there energy and contribute more to Wikisource.
Temporary Quarry ToolEdit
I need Temporary Quarry Tool like https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/32994 for Wikisource contest. I need stats of User action ( proofread/Validate/Problematic/Outwith text) at specific book within specific time-frame. Also I don't know how do the pawikisource team organizes with this quarry, when users every action counted, including NS0 page edit, category page edit,Index page editing , not specific to specific book or proodreading counts. Regards. Jayantanth (talk) 08:09, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
- Jayantanth जी, इस समय ऐसा क्वॉरी नहीं बनाया जा सकता हैं। क्यूकिं किसी भी डेटाबेस टेबल में proofread/Validate/Problematic जैसे ऐक्शन स्टोर ही नहीं हैं। यहाँ phab:T172408 देखें। अगर यह स्टोर होते तो बहुत पहले ही विकीसोर्स कॉंटेस्ट टूल बन गया होता। मैंने विकीसोर्स कॉंटेस्ट टूल पर थोड़ा बहुत काम किया हैं। लेकिन इसके जल्दी शुरू होने के कोई चांस नहीं हैं। लेकिन हाँ ऐसा क्वॉरी बनाया जा सकता हैं जो निश्चित समयांतराल में यूज़र द्वारा किए गए निश्चित namespace में एडिट काउंट बताए। और क्वॉरी 32994 में, केवल मुझसे 50+ एडिट काउंट की लिस्ट माँगी थी। इसलिए मैंने किसी namespace का clause नहीं लगाया था।--Jayprakash >>> Talk 11:10, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
Wiki source statEdit
Android app for reading Wikisource booksEdit
To create an Andriod app which will help the readers to download the books or read online from the Wikisource website. This will increase the number of readers in every langauges.
Qr code generatorEdit
This is a request to create a tool which will generate a QR code of HD quality of each book on Wikisource. Which can be given to different libraries.
- Hi @Jayprakash12345:, we need the qrcode in svg format and a option to upload the qrcode to Commons. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 08:12, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- Bodhisattwa Ji, Generating svg on client side is no big deal. I had generate svg by qrcode-svg. But there are two problems.
- It is not support utf-8 characters, which means it will work only for english text.
- Even after Generating svg, It is very hard to create Download button for it. Because everytime there is some text missing in svg file. Which makes file broken. And gives file is not vaild.
Similar to OCR, Voice typing is working completely fine on a Documents. Community members requested to integrate this tool on Wikisource os that it will save a lot of energy and time of the volunteers.