Please read before you post
The Indic-TechCom request page is intended for placing a technical request for help and support from Indic communities.
- Relevance: All requests should be related to technical aspects of Indic Wikimedia projects. In other words, a request should be directly related to any Indic-language Wikimedia projects.
- Community discussion: In many cases, to process the request, community discussion and consensus is a must. So, please consult your community on the respective village pump/mailing list etc. Even in remaining cases where community consensus is not must, you are encouraged to first discuss the request within your community (on your respective Indic Wikimedia project) and discuss before placing a request here. You need to wait for at least 7 days after starting a village pump/mailing list discussion to get community response. Please share a link of such a discussion.
- User rights: Some of these requests need "Interface admin rights" in a project to complete it. We will request you Interface admin rights for a limited period of time and you may need to write in the same discussion where a community was consulted to make it happen. Please follow this up whenever needed.
- Assume good faith: Indic TechCom is managed by volunteers. Although we would try to respond as soon as possible. sometimes there might be delays. Based on the difficulty of a requested task, there might be delays as well. Please assume good faith.
- Archive: For the archive overview, see Archive.
Please sign by entering four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon ; this will automatically produce your name and the date.
Select the area/column of image before start Indic OCREdit
Hi , @Jayprakash12345:, Could it be be possible to select the area of images to OCR a page? There are many books with double/triple column as well as images. So when we click on Indic OCR button to OCR, then there should be an option to full page ocr OR Select a zone of a images to OCR. Jayantanth (talk) 18:17, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Jayantanth for the above request. I have been thinking for sometime about this and visited today to make a request. This will be useful for digitizing old magazines, encyclopaedias, which have multple columns of text. The user interface should be such that the OCR text is appended to the existing text. (Example page on Telugu Wikipedia). We already have cropimage tool, which allows selecting the part of the image, which can be made useof. --Arjunaraoc (talk) 07:13, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
- @@Arjunaraoc:, Thanks for your valuable comments. I think cropimage tool is not the solution. We have to think it in a different way, because GoogleOCR is not recongnised the column text at present. We have checked the Tecerract OCR which is column supported. But we havnt implemented in Indic Wikisource.Jayantanth (talk) 07:17, 26 October 2019 (UTC)
Sentence editing for wikisourceEdit
- Hello Jaiprakashji, Hope you had great fun in Diwali! and everything is well at your end.
- I was looking for different scripts to edit pages, and specially something like w:en:Wikipedia:Wikignome_gadget which enables us to edit without going through edit window. Importantly one can edit single sentences too. I thought this would be really useful on wikisource. But currently it's not working on wikisource. It only works on enwiki.
- Would you have a look at it and let me know if it's possible to get something like that for wikisource, which will allow us to edits single sentence. thanks QueerEcofeminist [they/them/their] 05:46, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Jayprakash12345:, आशा करता हूं आपके यहां सब ठिक ठाक होगा, मैंने कुछ दिनों पहले यह विनंती की थीं और पुछा था की, क्या हम एक एक वाक्य इडिट करनेवाली स्क्रिप्ट विकिस्त्रोत के लिए ला सकतें हैं? क्योंकी यह स्क्रिप्ट विकिस्त्रोत के लिए ठिकसे काम नहीं करतीं. आपको जैसा वक्त मिलें आप यह जांचकर मुझे बता दिजीये. धन्यवाद. QueerEcofeminist [they/them/their] 05:55, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- QueerEcofeminist I'll try to take a look and see if I can get it working... :) Sohom Datta (talk) 19:27, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- @Sohom data:, thanks for offering your help, I am eagerly waiting for updates. See it's working but, I think it's the size of edit box which needs to be fixed for wikisource. thanks and regards. QueerEcofeminist [they/them/their] 05:56, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Gadget requests for the Konkani WikipediaEdit
Hello Jayprakash12345 / Indic-TechCom team, we need some help regarding gadgets on the Konkani Wikipedia. Please could you see the following posts?
Thanks in advance, The Discoverer (talk) 08:14, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
- The Discoverer Currently, I am on a break, will look this after March 5. Thanks :)--Jayprakash >>> Talk 09:21, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
No problem, Jayprakash12345. Thanks for your reply. Enjoy your break! :) The Discoverer (talk) 10:37, 26 February 2021 (UTC)