Hardware donation program/Yann
Your contact informationEdit
Explain your planEdit
- I am a contributor to Wikimedia projects since December 2002. I am now mainly active on Wikimedia Commons, and sometimes on Wikisource. I have more than 300,000 contributions on Commons, and more than 500,000 contributions on all projects.
- I live in India, and I have a low income.
- I am one of the most active admins on Wikimedia Commons. My laptop is aging, and the harddrive shows sign of failure. I am also admin on several other projects.
Work you're proud ofEdit
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Very strong support:' Yann is one of the finest Wikimedians, across all projects, I believe. His contribution to Wikimedia Commons, Wikisource (French, English, he is an admin on both the projects) has been exceptionally well. His contribution towards Indian projects on Wikimedia Commons, has been amazing. Last time I met him in Delhi, I was to sad to see his laptop's condition (too slow). I, in my volunteer capacity very strongly recommend and support this application. A good and fast laptop, with a strong battery backup, will not only help him, but will help the movement, I believe. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 19:00, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --J. Ansari Talk 03:07, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support KCVelaga (talk) 05:34, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support - IMO, The most eligible candidate ever. Regards, :) — TBhagat (contribs | talk) 09:13, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- strong Support I think Yann is too modest and has forgotten something vital : not only does he contribute, not only is he an admin on more than one project, but he also comes to workshop to help newbies for the francophone project les sans pagEs in Geneva when he travels back from India. In the past we struggled with his old computer during sessions and it would be great if he had one that worked just fine. So reallly strong strong support for him to be able to beneficiate from this.Nattes à chat (talk) 01:45, 20 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support He definitely deserves a laptop. I have found him as a regular contributor in Wikimedia Commons. Hope a laptop will be very helpful for him to contribute more.--Masum-al-Hasan (talk) 10:26, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support - Yann is one of the best Wikimedians in the movement and the supporting structures of the movement should help him by any means possible to overcome any of his logistics shortcomings which has been hindering his contribution. It would be great to watch him enrich the projects with full swing and learn more from him, when he would get the support he needed. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 02:57, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Jayprakash >>> Talk 19:51, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 08:28, 28 December 2019 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.