Hardware donation program/NehalDaveND
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I had laptop and I had often taken to various outreach program and training programs. But at one outreach program, accidentally, my laptop fallen down and broken. I continued with broken screen but 1 year ago laptop had compliantly stopped working. I have bought a desktop from resale but in 3 months it stopped working. Now I use Chromebook (got under Tiger project), but it doesn't support or convenient to carry my all works. It does not support offline work, Sanskrit Inscript, BOT, offline dictionary. So I am using this in outreach only otherwise I must return this as no more use.
I have bot and Admin rights in sa.wikipedia and AWB rights in both hi.wikipedia and sa.wikipedia. But I don't have proper hardware to run it. To incur admin and bot right, I need proper hardware. I am also expanding articles in sa.wikipedia, hi.wikipedia and gu.wikipedia. I am also doing translating work on translatewiki. I also want to contribute in images (I want to create 3D and animation images) and audios in future. In outreach to teach others about wikipedia, I need proper hardware.
What is needed and whyEdit
If I get RAM 12 or 12+ GB it will be better to contribute in 3D and Animation images. In my last broken computer, there was 8 GB RAM, but it was not enough. Graphic files have very big size and to open properly I need proper RAM and processor.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support— Bukhari (Talk!) 04:42, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Good and experienced Contributor, so fully support -Raju Jangid (talk) 05:15, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support User is doing good work in vary projects. I think he needs proper hardware to work according the rights. Brijeshvyas15 (talk) 05:21, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Nehal Dave is so responsive and responsible contributor on Sanskrit and Hindi Wikipedias... I endorse my support for his request. Ahmed Nisar (talk) 06:48, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Jalu (talk) 15:36, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support— Innocentbunny TALK 05:55, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support--आर्यावर्त (talk) 13:50, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support --R.P.Joshi talk 05:34, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support--sanjaybengani (talk)
- Support He is very dedicated and Active User of Sanskrit Wikipedia. And giving him Hardware will be beneficial.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 06:26, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support For the advanced users, good quality laptop is needed. --J. Ansari Talk 15:00, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sanskrit Wikipedia has very few contributors to begin with and adoption of the language is very low.
- Support --KHALID KHAN (talk) 15:48, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support he is doing great work on sawiki and hiwiki, specially his work on sawiki make him a good candidate for such program. QueerEcofeminist (talk) 17:21, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support KCVelaga (talk) 05:04, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Ashok Talk 16:02, 22 August 2019 (UTC)