Hardware donation program/Caleidoscopic
Your contact informationEdit
Explain your planEdit
Currently I am an active Wikimedia who organizes and leads editathons (as La mujer que nunca conociste) and workshops related to Wikimedia projects in Bolivia. I’m a co-founder of the proposed user group Wikimedistas de Bolivia. I am also a member and board member of the Wikimujeres User Group, and Mujeres latinoamericanas en Wikipedia I am a strong believer in reducing the digital divide in Bolivia, as well as the gender gap across the Wikimedia Movement. I also contribute to other free knowledge projects like OpenStreetMap also being part of https://geochicas.org/ Geochicas. I’m also joining as a founding member of the proposed User Group for Latin American indigenous languages.
I have also attended various movements events such as WikiWomenCamp, Wikimedia Conference 2018, and have been selected as a scholarship recipient for Wikimania 2018 in Cape Town. I also facilitated a Strategy Salon in 2017 in Cochabamba with members of various indigenous communities of Bolivia regarding their participation in the Wikimedia movement.
I had been utilizing my ten year-old personal laptop tethering my mobile phone as a modem. Unfortunately, during my travels to Berlin for WMCon 2018, my laptop died and the technician informed me that it wouldn’t be worth repairing due to its old age. And also recently, my smartphone was stolen in the city of El Alto. Not having this equipment has made it difficult for me to continue editing and coordinating my numerous Wikimedia-related activities.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Spanish Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Commons
Work you're proud ofEdit
- I`m part of the team who make possible Las calles de las mujeres, The women`s street, a project that link the relations about the representation of women in the urban and the virtual space.this project show women names in streets and their articles in Wikipedia and stats about the relation of gender and percents it´s a experimental work mixing info of Wikidata, wikipedia and OSM.
- Facilitated a Strategy Salon as part of the 2030 Strategy Process Meet up to work about the Strategy with native speakers of the lenguages of some of the 32 nations in the Plurinational State of Bolivia
- Organized an edit-a-thon related to patrimony buildings in Bolivia Editatón_El_Patrimonio_en_tus_manos, que puso códigos QR ligados a Wikipedia en edificios patrimoniales de Bolivia one of the first projects in cooperation with the CCELP , we are working together to make the PuntoWiki CCELP a regular activity .
- Was part of the organizational team of Wiki Loves Monuments Bolivia 2013
- I`m part of great women teams to work for the Free Kwowledge.
- Was part of the organizational team of Wiki Loves Monuments Bolivia 2018 and Bolivia was the 7th country with more participation .
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Wikimedistas de Bolivia
- Public equipment tracking page
- Strong support - During this time that Olga has been without equipment, her absence online has been felt on the mailing list, Telegram channels, and the ability to respond timely to emails. She is such a key member of the coordination team for Wikimedians of Bolivia and this hardware would allow her to continue her important role to advance the work of the group here in Bolivia. --Barrioflores (talk) 10:58, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support - Olga is a vital part of Wikimedistas de Bolivia. Not only does she work on wiki, but she also handles Twitter and Facebook accounts for our organization. She has recently had to return the laptop she was using to work on the projects because it belonged to the institution where whe worked. Now, coordination is much more difficult and this is slowing down the development of our projects (namely wikicafé, and WLM 2018 to name some). I really hope she can get back on her feet and keep contributing to the projects. alhen Did you call, sir? 15:11, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Olga hace un trabajo invaluable en el grupo de Wikimedistas de Bolivia. Apoyo total. Laura Fiorucci (talk) 18:51, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Invaluable trabajo el de Olga en Bolivia y en la reducción de brecha de género en Wikimedia. ProtoplasmaKid (talk 21:12, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support En Bolivia es difícil encontrar editores que puedan crear contenido de su país, y menos aún una persona que organice cualquier tipo de evento para editar en la Wikipedia. Apoyo total!. --Vanbasten 23 (talk) 20:16, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Es una persona comprometida con el objetivo y la visión de las metas en su capítulo, y para el movimiento. Sin duda apoyo total. #Unknown (talk) 20:23, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Su trabajo en Bolivia y en todo Iberocoop es fundamental; asimismo es una líder latinoamericana en el tema de la reducción del gender gap y 'cultura libre'. --Luisalvaz (talk) 20:43, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Olga's work is incredible, and she's a leader for the community in Bolivia and Iberocoop at large. I believe she fully deserves this to take her Wikimedia eoffrts to a next level. --JVargas (WMF) (talk) 23:29, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support El trabajo de Olga es muy importante con un gran impacto de región. Su trabajo en Bolivia es ejemplo para todos en el movimiento. Sahaquiel9102 (talk) 02:04, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support yes Esteban (talk) 11:53, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Creo que ya no hay mas que decir que ya no se haya dicho acerca de Olga y de su convicción por y hacia el movimiento y la reducción de la brecha de género. Totally supported! --Ybsen lucero (talk) 16:23, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support Ok. --Kírito (talk) 23:17, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support Of course. --Oscar_. (talk) 23:20, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--Jalu (talk) 12:12, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support - Olga needs it and deserves it; she's a really hardworker wikimediam on line and on real life.Jduranboger (talk) 17:32, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support I can attest to the death of her laptop at WMCON 2018 - she had to emergency-use mine for her presentation. Olga does very important work in her region, full support. Raystorm (talk) 17:32, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Olga forma parte imprescindible del equipo de Muj(lh)eres latinoamericanas en Wikimedia. Este equipo es necesario para el desarrollo de sus aportes. --Imoisset (talk) 23:43, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Apoyo complertamente esta solicitud y doy fe del gran trabajo de Olga en la promoción del movimiento Wikimedia en Bolivia.--Yhhue91 (talk) 01:06, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --Pablísima (talk) 20:15, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support ¡Necesitamos a Olga editando! Esta donación de equipo es súper importante para la comunidad. --Señoritaleona (talk) 20:23, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Su trabajo es imprescindible para avanzar en la diversidad de Wikipedia y del movimiento Wikimedia. Está haciendo un gran esfuerzo de trabajo en Wikimedia Bolivia y Wikimujeres. La situación en Bolivia no es fácil y está haciendo un gran esfuerzo...Todo el apoyo para ella. Mboix (talk) 20:18, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Sin duda todo mi apoyo. Tiputini (talk) 20:31, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Olga y yo trabajamos ayer para planificar nuestra editatón de Art+Feminism y tuvimos que usar mi laptop porque ella no tenía una. Olga realmente necesita una computadora para seguir con su buen trabajo. Carlillasa (talk) 23:59, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.