Grants talk:Project/Wikipedia Education Program in Bangladesh
Reminder: Change Status to Proposed today to SubmitEdit
Today is the deadline for the 2020 Project Grants Round. If you would like your proposal to be considered for funding, the
status= field of the Probox template will need to be changed from
proposed, per the instructions at the top of the application page. We have a strict deadline, so make sure to make this change by end of day today (February 20, 2020).
Eligibility confirmed, Round 1 2020Edit
We've confirmed your proposal is eligible for Round 1 2020 review. Please feel free to ask questions and make changes to this proposal as discussions continue during the community comments period, through March 16, 2020.
The Project Grant committee's formal review for round 1 2020 will occur March 17 - April 8, 2020. We ask that you refrain from making changes to your proposal during the committee review period, so we can be sure that all committee members are seeing the same version of the proposal. Grantees will be announced Friday, May 15, 2020. Any changes to the review calendar will be posted on the Round 1 2020 schedule.Questions? Contact us at projectgrants wikimedia · org.
This project is eligible for review. However, if approved by the Project Grants Committee, funding will be contigent on providing evidence of preapproval from the NGOAB. This is a requirement for Bangladesh organizations and citizens to receive foreign funds. Ours Grants Administrator will reach out to you to provide additional details.
I have a few questions and suggestions for the participants of the project:
- Do the trainer and ambassador are same person or not?
- How many trainers/ambassadors are you going to train?
- Where and when will trainers train students? During workshops that will be organized "next month"?
- How many students is each trainer supposed to train?
- Could the timeline of the project including its overall duration be presented more clearly?
- The main concern of an ambassador would be to maintain communication with the trainer, students and faculties. An ambassador must have a primary knowledge on Wikipedia. But a trainer must have good knowledge on Wikipedia. If an ambassador has a sound knowledge on Wikipedia, he might be treated as a trainer as well.
- Our target is to create at least 10 trainers and per classroom 2 or 3 ambassadors. The Ambassador quantity will be depend on class size. We will appoint 2 or more ambassadors because we want to ensure the backup and flexibility.
- As I mentioned, the 1st month will be spent preparing. From the very next month will start to train the students. The training program will take place in the classroom or any other suitable place in the university. That actually depends on the consideration of the faculties.
- Each trainer is supposed to train 10 students.
- Our estimated timeline is from July 2020 to June 2021.
Question about the "problem you're trying to solve"Edit
I am wondering if you can clarify what problem exists you hope this initiative will solve. As stated now, there does not appear to be a problem with Vision 2021 nor how it is being implemented. Without a clear problem to solve, it will be a challenge to present a solution and then measure its success. Thanks in advance. --FULBERT (talk) 21:29, 7 March 2020 (UTC)
- Previously, in Bangladesh, one of the major challenges for us was getting reliable internet access. With Vision 2021, the Government is trying to ensure that easy and affordable internet access reaches all. But there is a gap in what to do with that internet access. Right now we are seeing a trend that people try to search on Google for various topics but cannot find enough quality knowledge-based content in Bengali. And like other countries, young people are adopting the habit of using the internet faster than any other age group. We aim to engage with young students and encourage them to contribute to Wikipedia in their mother tongue. We believe with proper guidance young students not only can enrich the Bengali Wikipedia but also will be introduced to a better option to spend their free time other than spending it on less-productive or counter-productive activities on the internet. Therefore we think this project will not only have a positive impact on Wikipedia but also has some social impact as well. --- Shabab Mustafa (talk) 08:27, 12 March 2020 (UTC)
Please complete survey for your Project Grants proposalEdit
We have sent you a survey link to the email address you provided in this Project Grants proposal. We need you to open the email and fill out the survey as soon as possible. We have emailed you twice without response (on March 20 and March 23), and we are not sure if you still wish for your proposal to be reviewed. If we do not receive your survey response by March 31, 2020, we will mark your proposal withdrawn.
We hope to hear from you!