Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Lokesha Kunchadka/Editathons to Sullia Cultural Heritage in Kannada Tulu Wikipedias
Hi Lokesha kunchadka. Apologies for the delay in reviewing your Rapid Grant. I noticed that the proposed trip dates were in September and October. Did the activity happen? If not, are you still planning it and seeking funds through this grant? Best, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 22:41, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- I would like to bring to your serious attention that we are looking forward to funds for the planned project that we are going to conduct during the months of January and February.--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 05:11, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hi AWang (WMF). I am writing on behalf of Lokesha. I am helping Lokesha in grant process. I have changed the dates as he planned after a phone call with him.--Gopala Krishna A (talk) 05:45, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
- It seems like there are two goals for the project -- 1) to increase coverage of Sullia, Bellare, and Subramanya on the Wikimedia projects and 2) to train new editors in each of these locations. The first goal seems very achievable. The second goal is much more difficult to do. If you just want to increase awareness about Wikimedia and do some type of outreach to local communities that is pretty simple. However, actually training new people in one day and expecting they will continue to engage in the projects without a locally-based Wikimedian to help follow-up, organize offline meetings, and provide mentorship, it is quite likely they will not edit again after the event. We suggest you re-consider your goals as well as the measures of success.
- How many people are organizing this project and will travel to the different locations?
- Please provide more details for each line item of the budget. What will the budget cover in each location?
Reply on behalf of LokeshaEdit
@AWang (WMF): Apologies for the delayed answers. As Delphine mentioned I spoke to Lokesha when he was in Bengaluru. I will try to answer your questions in line.
- As he told to me, He will conduct the event in colleges. He has follow-up plans for the events he is going to conduct. He said he will be saving money from the each workshop and he will conduct follow-up events.
- Lokesha is based in Sullia and he is experienced Wikimedian. Organizers and trainers will travel from Mangaluru, Bengaluru and Kasargode.
- The detailed budget is here. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:37, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
Thank you Gopala (CIS-A2K) and Lokesha kunchadka. Thank you for the additional information. I have approved this grant and sent Lokesha instructions for processing the grant. Gopala -- if you would like to assist with language translation and understanding of the email, please send me your email to awang(at)wikimedia.org. Best, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 16:30, 19 December 2018 (UTC)
Hello Lindsey, I am happy to inform you that I have successfully conducted two workshops in Subrahmanya and Sullia on 19 January 2019 and 09 February 2019. Due to internal exams I could not able to get the dates to conduct workshop in Shivarama Karantha First Grade College, Bellare. That is why I approached Alva's Education Foundation in the month of February 2019. Due to exams I got the venue and support to conduct workshop on 16 and 17 March 2019. Presently I am conducting workshop at Alva's college Mudubidire with the help of Alva's College Moodubidire-Wikipedia Student Association. I kindly request to extend the time to complete reports. I will finish the reports by 16 April 2019. Please look here for the dashboard link of three workshops here: --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 16:09, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
Follow up edit a thonEdit
Hello grant team, From this support there is Rs 12,500 left amount after three edit-a-thon. As I informed earlier I approached institutions for follow up edit-a-thon. I got positive response from Alvas. Can I conduct the follow up program? I kindly request you to give approval for the same. --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 04:47, 5 April 2019 (UTC)