Grants talk:PEG/Shipmaster - Community of Arabic Wikipedia/Producer Prize-2013/Report
Thank you for this clear report and congratulations on a successful project! We have a couple questions and would appreciate your response.
- Can you provide more details on the reason why some of the participants were "upset" despite knowing the competition rules? Did they think the competition was unfair? Did they want more people to get prizes? Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 00:26, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- Please add a link on the report page to where the competition was announced/discussed on Arabic Wikipedia so people can find it in the future. Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 00:26, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for accepting the report! please find the answers below
- This year we had an uptick in participation from the community, so the prize committee had to vote on several good candidates, some of them unfortunately did not win. And as the prize requires a considerable commitment in time, they were understandably upset. As the popularity of the prize grows, we may need to rethink how we distribute prizes so as not to discourage active editors.
- Done. --Shipmaster (talk) 18:21, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
I noticed the three 2013 winners all started editing in 2012, rather new editors: interesting. Do you consider that the prize caused productive activity which would have not happened otherwise, and if yes by what means? --Nemo 16:04, 1 May 2014 (UTC)