Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2017-2018 round 2/Wikimedia Armenia/Proposal form
Minor question on financialsEdit
Hello, Wikimedia Armenia team! Thank you for submitting your proposal--it has been a really fascinating read so far! I have a minor question: in comparing Table 2's expenses with last year's Table 1 and Table 8, could you clarify the differences in your financial tables? For example, in this proposal the Planned expenses for the current year is 192,436,813 AMD/$384,373, but last year's total expenses is 202,707,564 AMD/$405,415. The Projected total for expenses is also different. Perhaps I may have missed some of the details you may have already included elsewhere in the proposal, but I thought I would also ask here first :).
- Dear Morgan, thank you for your question:
- The last APG was planned taking into consideration the salary of our previous ED. As mentioned in the proposal, WMAM has hired a new ED in October with less salary, which created the differences between the last year's and current/projected expenses. This difference was partially reallocated to cover other expenses, which were communicated to WMF and described in the proposal. --Gayane (WMAM) (talk) 11:51, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Questions from FDC membersEdit
First, thanks for this interesting proposal. I note with favour that several points highlighted in last year's review appear to be well on the way to being addressed.
- Expenses from the current fiscal year are considerably lower than the grant that was authorized. Could you please clarify where this money will go? (I think I know the answer, but it would be good for it to be stated publicly.)
- I note the plan to have a Western Armenian summer school project in Aleppo. Can you provide more information on what steps you plan to take to keep volunteers and students safe in this region?
- Again, thanks. Risker (talk) 02:05, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- Dear Risker,
- Thank you for your comment and questions.
- Regarding your first questions: Morgan had a similar question, which was addressed above. Please let me know if this does not answer your question.
- Hello, a point of clarification to Risker's question, as I think it is not exactly addressed in the answer to Morgan: the APG grant agreement foresees that any unspent funds be returned to the Wikimedia Foundation. The difference between the granted amount and the final amount spent for the grant period will be calculated at the end of the grant period. Delphine (WMF) (talk) 12:15, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- Western Armenian summer school will be organized purely for Armenian youth in Aleppo and nearby communities, so that participants do not travel long distances. We are collaborating with Hamazkayin Armenian Educational and Cultural Society in Aleppo, which will take care of every organizational issue, including security of participants. By the way, we have designed this project when it was calm in Syria and the plans may be revisited if the situation becomes unstable.
- Thank you and let me know should you have further question. --Gayane (WMAM) (talk) 11:41, 10 May 2018 (UTC) 09:08, 10 May 2018 (UTC)