Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Cameroon
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Strengthen participants commitment to previous photo contests
- Recruit and train new editors, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Add more images about theme and add more strutured data on uploaded images
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
- Strengthen past local partnerships and build new ones
- Awareness on social networks from January
- Distribution of posters and flyers from January
- Workshop about the events and how to participate : 1 event in Yaounde, 1 event in Yagoua and 1 event in Buea, from January - February
- Uploads session + training sessions : 6 events
- A photo exhibition (15 images) will take place at a local partner with closing ceremony
- Jury work sessions
- Post contest integration edit-a-thon : 2 events to be held
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Cameroon will focus on photo shooting activities under the theme Transportation. Pictures uploaded on Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles related to Camerounians and Africans under transportation on wikipedia and its sister project.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We have an address book of former participants in our previous contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth), We will use our social media channels, news, television, Creation of posters and flyers...
- We will also use the network of photographers with whom we have partnerships.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Measures of success for WLA
- More than 500 photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- More than 25 participants uploading a photo
- 15 newly registered participants
- 10% distinct photos used in Wikipedia articles
- Measures of success for WLA article contest
- 10 users participating
- 10 articles illustrated
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We were very late and had some problems with previous editions of the contest. We hope that this will not be detrimental to us in terms of participation
- Activities in Douala, Yaounde, Buea and in northern Cameroon
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants : More than 25
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons : More than 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : Around 10%
For writing contests:
- Number of participants : Around 5
- Number of articles created or improved : Around 10%
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Geugeor (organizing, promotion)
- Alangi Derick
- Nicolas Eyidi (Jury, partnerships)
- Max Mbakop (Jury, partnerships)
- Hako Hankson (Jury, partnerships)
We are willing to spend it according to this plan:
|Wiki Loves Africa 2020|
|Awards for participants (3 winners) 1 Camera Nikon D3200 3; 1 Phone Tecno Spark3; 1 External hard drive : 500 Go||675,60 dollars|
|Gifts for 3 jury members||Gift vouchers = 103 dollars|
|Transport and jury sessions||86,50 dollars|
|Award ceremony, exposition and posters (10 photos)||220 dollars|
|Communication support and gadgets (Roll Up : 169,01 USD, Stickers : 17,30 USD
T-shirt (Buying and printing) : 82,04 USD, Flyers : 34,60 USD)
|Session in Douala||110 dollars|
|Session in Buea||84 dollars|
|Session in Yagoua||60 dollars|
|Session in Yaoundé at Goethe Institut||100 dollars|
|Transport of volunteers||100 dollars|
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!