Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors ++++
- Increase skills for existing editors +++
- Add or improve content ++
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This project consists in a series of m:Wiki Love Women editathons in three cities in Cameroon: Douala, Yaounde & Ngaoundere.
- 10 of June (Douala)
- 24 of June (Yaounde)
- 1st of July (Douala)
- 14 & 15 of July (Yaounde)
- 25 & 26 of July (Ngaoundere)
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Main communication will be done through a WhatsApp group and with a mailing list. Announcements on Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group Facebook page are also planned.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Each editathon begins by a training session on Wikimedia movement and Wikipedia edition. A moment is dedicated to articles sourcing and importance of references in Wikipedia. During edition itself each beginner is follown as much as possible by an experienced contributor.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Expectations to be able organizing regular wikimedian meetings in Douala indeed but in Yaounde and Ngaoundere too.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Wikimedian events were already organized in Yaoude & Douala. On the contrary in Ngaoundere it would be the first time.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5 events (7 days)
- Number of participants: between 15 and 40 participants per event (60 to 200)
- Number of new editors: we hope to end up 50 new editors who stay active on fr.wikipedia after serie of editathons.
- Number of of articles created or improved: at least 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): about 20 %
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The team of experienced users is ok, ready and so motivated!
- Participants are supposed to come with their own computers when they have: attendees will be two or three by computers.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 3G/4G modem for the internet access. This device will be used for every event: 70.000 FR CFA
- halls are free except in Ngaoundere (100.000 FR CFA per day): 200.000 FR CFA
- video projector renting (50.000 per day): 350.000 FR CFA
- transportation and accomodation costs: 290.000 FR CFA
- buffet (food) during event (50.000 per day): 250.000 FR CFA
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Endorsed Great initiative by a trustable contributor! --Benoît Prieur (talk) 16:33, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Endorsed it is important to support initiatives in Africa, as well as those carried out to reduce the gender.--Nattes à chat (talk) 19:40, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Endorsed - actually I suggested them to make that rapid grant request. Anthere (talk) 08:21, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- EndorsedMohammed Bachounda (talk) 17:51, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- Endorsed Thanks to Anthere, Geugeor already took part in several major projects. Maybe time has come to fly the nest :-) and steer his own project. Ji-Elle (talk) 12:55, 30 May 2017 (UTC)